Heads up. New Leupold 3X fixed power scope.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
I tend to like low power, straight tube, fixed X scopes. They are getting pretty scarce. I just encountered this one at SWFA. It doesn't show at the Leupold site, so I assume it is some kind of limited production. Looks like a great match for the 77/357, in addition to being just right for the big African guns.
http://swfa.com/Leupold-3x20-FX-II-Riflescope-P50855.aspx

Has anyone else seen this? Got one even? Like it?

KurtC

Single-Sixer
They've been out for about a year now. You can order them directly from Leupold's Custom Shop, by phone, with any of their reticles. I've had two with the German #1. Great scopes, with a long tube to fit any action.

wolfee

Blackhawk
Thanks. I think I will give up trying to find an "Alaskan" and just get a couple of these. One for the 77/22 and one for a yet to be acquired 77/357.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
My understanding is the new ones are not the same as the old. the older ones have a wider field of veiw .
the new magnification is slightly higher as i was told.

Dave

bluedot54

Bearcat
i have 3 of the old ones and love them. you bring the rifle up to your face and don't have to look for anything its all right there. have one on my 375 h&h. it is new to me that it is still being made. have not seen a new one for sale in ages. if new ones are anything like the old one run don't walk an buy one today.

ron

wolfee

Blackhawk
I just discovered these scopes are exclusive to SWFA.COM No problem with that, they are a pretty reliable outfit. They also have a compact 6X they had built for them and a few other scopes built just to there specs. Somewhere on their site is a link to "swfa exclusives" showing all.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I love those straight tube fixed power scopes. Even the cheap ones are usually quite rugged. The Tasco 2.5X20 on my Henry .22 is at least 20 years old and will shoot nickel size groups all day long.