Hawkeye 256 value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Geronimo Jim

Bearcat
Have a very nice Hawkeye I am thinking of selling. Some blue loss at front left of barrel but otherwise
very very nice. Come with box in not really good shape. Also 5 rounds of ammo w/base for scope,.
Doesn't like like it has ever been scoped. Can someone give me some idea of a reasonable range.
Saw 2 on Gunbroker and they were crazy....or maybe not. Thanks much.

contender

Ruger Guru
W/o pictures & such to show the barrel wear,, I can only throw out a guess. There are a few things that make a bit of difference,, but I'd say $2000-$2200 range for what you described.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I agree with contender's estimate, but I too would have to see good photos. Is the base mounted and is it a base that will use the factory holes in the barre?

A re-blue will drop it substantially but a factory re-blue, maybe not as much and hard to tell. Think $1300-$1500.

A two digit s/n, real nice box w/paperwork, and 95% to 99% condition will get you up to $3000+.

Good info above and agree with those price ranges,,,have seen them around here in the $1600-1800 range up to OVER $3000 for a NEW in the box, shipper and all, the complete package,,,they are out there.............
remember the two holes for the mounting plate for the scope should be out on the barrel, NOT on the top strap!!! 8) :roll: :wink:

Merry Christmas.........