Hammer time , again

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Sorry ,I bet this question comes around fairly regulary and way too often. I tried searching but could not find the right answer. O well, can a bisley hammer be had for a 32mag single six. Midway lists a bisley SS hammer for all models but 32mag ss hammer seperate item and only lists the standard hammer. I'm confused again.

G2

Hunter
Sure they can be had... :wink:
P1010014-4.jpg

Standard Single Six Hammer, Single Six Bisley Hammer, and if/when you remove the hump don't take it all off and you can fill in the ugly hole on the backside.
P1010009-6.jpg

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Cool. Just to verify that I am understanding , the rimfire 22 single six hammer interchanges and is the same as the centerfire 32 mag single six hammer. Sorry to be so thick but I hate to buy the wrong thing which is out of stock anyway.

G2

Hunter
A Single Six is a Single Six when it comes to part's.

When the Caliber changes (22/32) the only parts that change are the Barrel,
Cylinder,
Pawl,
and the Front Sight.

Hammers are in the catagory of "Common Parts" within the class of "Single Six."

FWIW.... Looking at the Midway Hammer Page , I can see why One might be confused, it is a little miss-leading. :roll:

Which Single Six Bisley Hammer to you seek, Blue or Stainless?

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Muy Bien, That is as specfic as it gets. Now I guess I just have to stare at Midway till they make one available :roll:
Which flavor blue or stainless ? I don't think I care. The revolver has a fake CC finish ,blue barrel / cyl and will probably end up with a polished alloy grip frame so I can see it either way. It used to be the birdshead Vaq.
Thanks for the time.

xtratoy

Buckeye
No need to stare at Midway everyday. You can click notify me and they will notify you when they come in. Best bet is to just just order it and have it wait on back order. They don't charge you credit card until they have the part to ship and if they get a limited number of that hammer it puts you at the top of the waiting list or close to it.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
needsmostuff said:
Muy Bien, That is as specfic as it gets. Now I guess I just have to stare at Midway till they make one available :roll:
Which flavor blue or stainless ? I don't think I care. The revolver has a fake CC finish ,blue barrel / cyl and will probably end up with a polished alloy grip frame so I can see it either way. It used to be the birdshead Vaq.

Good luck finding a stainless Bisley hammer for the Single Six. Consider how many stainless Bisleys were made. ;) You can easily go with the regular one, polish the surfaces and just keep it lightly oiled for the same appearance. Had this done to one of mine and another one or two that will receive the same.

flatgate

Hawkeye
G2 said:
A Single Six is a Single Six when it comes to part's.

When the Caliber changes (22/32) the only parts that change are the Barrel, Cylinder, Pawl, and the Front Sight.

Not quite that simple. The cylinder frames differ in the location of the firing pin, which is a huge stumbling block if one desired to convert his .22 to .32.

flatgate

Latest posts