Grasshorn elk stag on S&W

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
Grasshorn had a deal going on one if the Facebook pages for 10% off so last week i ordered a set. Been thinking about a set if stags for my old Smith and Wesson. Wasn't too long ago i didn't care for stags but as i get into grip making i have found that my tastes are changing. Still not sure how i feel about them on single actions but i think they look good on DA's. Guess it would depend on the gun... I don't have much desire to make S&W grips because of the cutout at the top. So this deal got the nod for this gun. This is my K-38.

Leather by Eaglestroker

CtrYbE.jpg

Jim Puke

Hunter
That kit looks pretty nice...I just don't care for the stags.JMO

For some reason, when I see them, I am reminded of all of the cap pistol sets that I had when growing up..gives me a "cheap" impression...and they are anything but cheap.

ken s

Bearcat
elk stag is great, polishes like real ivory, but you have to band saw it to get as much as the hard white outer bark as you can and stay away from the inside porous center. I've put them on my S and W snub and just on a .22 single six, and they look great. lots of character. I have four colts with real ivory, all SAA, one is 30 years old and they wear and feel great. I think the elk will be fine too....Ken

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I like how you think!

I also have two more pairs of Grashorn American Elk Stag handles, both on Colts:

Joe S.

Hunter
Thanks. I traded a basically NiB no dash 66 for it. If course i traded my dad so i can go findle the 66 whenever i want. Ha