GP100 Perfection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sgt405

Bearcat
Had the WC GP100 for some time and loved the features but hated the large grips. I kept searching for the old compact model ones and after several months finally found them. Now it's what I consider a perfect carry/fighting revolver.

3369E1B3-95AC-40C5-86FB-847B4EE3E6C5_zpstm4fl4pf.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Congrats on finding grips to fit YOUR hands. It is important on any gun you enjoy. A proper set of grips makes all the difference in the world!

Sgt405

Bearcat
My 442 is my BUG on duty. I just love revolvers and the GP100 WC to me is one of the best. I carry it off duty. The compact grips not only fit my hand but they conceal better.

georgiaruger

Bearcat
Ruger has a half shroud low profile rear sight 4 incher out....

http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1754.html

Sgt405

Bearcat
georgiaruger said:
Ruger has a half shroud low profile rear sight 4 incher out....

Nice Ruger, but I am in love with 3 inchers. Best all around carry length.

BradB

Bearcat
Nothing wrong with a little grip swap to try out for a better feel. Just picked up my first GP100 today, blue with a 4" barrel. Superior construction of a revolver. After cleaning and a little Rem Oil, mechanism is very smooth. Can't wait for the range. The only thing I would ever try different is a grip. That is, after I put a little practice in with what it came with first. Excellent looking guns in all those pics. Brad

Terry T

Buckeye
I put the fixed sight compact grips on my 6" half lug GP-100 because they just work better for me. :D
(SP-101 black inserts kind of give it a 'business' look, I think).

If I can latch on to one of the new 'competition models', the first thing I'll do is put the old style compact grips on it. :shock:

Terry T