Good reading, Louis L'Amour "Sacketts"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My favorite books ever. I have all of Louie's books from the beginning to those he had written but weren't published until after his death. The Sackett books are the best! I highly recommend these to anyone who has never read the Sackett family series.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
One thing about Luis L'amour is that he traveled every trail and road he writes about in his books.
If he wrote that so and so hid behind a rock and shot at someone coming around the bend.
That rock and bend in the trail are actually there.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
Someone gave me the complete set (at the time) of the bound books during my sophomore year in college. I put them on the shelf and said I'll read them....someday. I came down with Mono the third week of school in January and missed two weeks of school. I spent those two weeks reading those books. What a ride.

If you haven't seen the WTBS mini-series of the Sacketts I highly suggest it. Tell and Tyrell was perfectly cast and while Tom Selleck makes one hell of a cowboy, he wasn't exactly what I imagined Orrin to be. Worth the watch. Until Lonesome Dove came along, this was the high point of TV movies.