Galloway Precision

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have the hammer mod. Trigger link and SS guide rod.

Eric is a very good guy. My parts were shipped on Dec. 14th and have never gotten here (read,lost in the mail). Well the post office wont go looking until 15 workings days have past, and then they just look online for the tracking!
The same as I did!!

I contacted Eric and he sent out a new set of parts.

Trouble is , I have been too swamped with other projects to install or test them.
It`s a hobby so I don`t want to be in a rush when I do it.
Heck I haven`t even fired my new P95 or my new SP101 that I purchased about three weeks ago yet.

Knowing how Eric is about customer satisfaction and all. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
:wink:

rogerthedodger

Bearcat
I have installed Erics LC9 guiderod and spring, Hammer and trigger bar, and guiderod and springs for my SR9C, SR9, SR40. All products are top notch, and he stands behind his products, money back guarantee. I had a problem with the hammer mod, he sent me a new hammer no cost. Buy from him with confidence. :mrgreen:

jhearne

Buckeye
I've got his Competition Trigger Kit in my SR9 and love it.

However, I'll be adding his LC9 parts this week as about 30 minutes ago I just got his parts in for review. I'll be looking at the modified Hammer, Trigger Bar replacement and Stainless Guide Rod (factory springs). Hoping to have reviews up soon (*means maybe 2 weeks weather/time permitting for range trips) and a full photo filled detail strip much akin to my SR9 how-to.

Josh

jimbo50

Bearcat
I just swapped the plastic guide rod with the galloway stainless rod today and fired 50 rounds thru it. No problems and no difference in function.No damage to slide or barrel.

ryan9896

Bearcat
i bought this adjustable trigger from [email protected]. it has completely different geometry than the factory trigger and makes the pull feel shorter & tighter, it resets quicker, and is cheaper than the Galloway hammer and trigger bar. it also has 2 adjustment screws, one for take-up and one for overtravel. i think it looks better and operates ALOT better than the factory trigger, it's worth a look!! will not work in conjunction with the galloway upgrades, however. it's either one or the other!!!

lc91.jpg

lc95.jpg

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Pastor if we can be of any service let us know. We stand behind our products and try to make what the customer base demands.
Wow what a hijack!
Interesting. I can tell you you can not shorten the reset without changing the hammer. Mechanically it isn't possible. To shorten the travel you must shorten the reset, changing the trigger won't do that. To move the break point forward as customers have requested you must alter the reset point and the break point, changing the trigger won't do that either. You can alter the pivot point of the bar but again not with the trigger but the trigger bar and/or trigger pivot pin. To lighten the pull you need to address hammer spring weight and lifter/blocker spring weight as well as leverage from bar to hammer pin. Changing the trigger wont do that. What you have is a very nice trigger though that allows you to adjust out the over and pretravel. We have one coming out shortly for about 10 bucks, it will go nicely with our trigger kit that alters the pull and distance.
We are in the process of patent work on or products... Neat idea but not what any of our customers have asked for.
Neat idea we've had one in the works for some time now.
Eric

ryan9896 said:
i bought this adjustable trigger from [email protected]. it has completely different geometry than the factory trigger and makes the pull feel shorter & tighter, it resets quicker, and is cheaper than the Galloway hammer and trigger bar. it also has 2 adjustment screws, one for take-up and one for overtravel. i think it looks better and operates ALOT better than the factory trigger, it's worth a look!! will not work in conjunction with the galloway upgrades, however. it's either one or the other!!!

ryan9896

Bearcat
i am just commenting on how it feels....as i mentioned, the internals are factory, so the break and resets are still the same, technically. but the geometry of the trigger is different so the FEEL is BETTER. the 2 reset clicks FEEL closer together, and after i adjusted the over-travel stop screw, it made it FEEL even better. i'm not knocking the Galloway products, just offering another option. some people on you tube said they didn't like the modded trigger bar and hammer, although i admit, that could possibly be due to incorrect installation. the reason i went with this trigger is because it was cheaper than the Galloway trigger bar & hammer, and i like how it physically replaces the terrible factory trigger. i also wanted to polish it so the trigger matched my barrel, so my decision was skewed by my desire for a specific look. i am sure the galloway products are great, just not what i went for. fear not, i just ordered a guide spring and a guide rod from Galloway, so i am spreading the love around to everyone!!!

i will likely try out your bar, hammer, and trigger when everything is available together, and decide then which setup i like better. can i suggest also making your trigger from aluminum so it can be polished to match the barrels?? i notice alot of people are polishing these barrels, for obvious reasons. i'm sure your trigger bar, hammer, and adjustable trigger will be a sweet setup. i'm all about trial and error and giving everyone a shot, i'm not here to discredit Galloway at all. the more options, the better!!