FS 330 grain "Ruger Only" Sledge Hammers Cast Bullets. SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put

Single-Sixer
330 grain "Ruger Only" sledge hammers. These are cast and sized to .452 and are cast to 16 BHN. They are "Ruger Only" because of their length. They load out at 1.735 inches. Too long for Colt or others. Works great in Winchester 94s but not sure on Marlin. These are great in 454s. 200 for $60.00 shipped. I have 5 boxes.
330-1_zpsc8ef12e7.jpg

Please PM me.
Thanks for looking.

I have to ask. You say you have five boxes. Does that mean these were produced and sold commercially? What do the boxes say? Or did you cast them yourself and you just mean you boxed them up that way?

444thumper

Single-Sixer
Do you have any experience loading or using these that you could share, such as gun used, accuracy, effect on game if hunted with, etc? Kinda off the charts in terms of data but a nice looking bullet. Thanks.

Put

Single-Sixer
I had this made at the request for a friend who hunted with his 45 Colt Blackhawk. I used it in my Ruger Vaquero. It shot well through it. It did very well in my Winchester 94. Getting 1 ½" groups at 50 yards. That's as good as I ever got that gun to shoot. I have not taken any game with it. I have sold several guys this bullet. I know they have used it on bears out west. One guy was using a 454 Casull and one was a custom 45 Nimrod. They both came back for more.

This was designed to compare to loads by Grizzly, Buffalo Bore, Underwood and HSM. They have 325 to 330 grain bullets.

WilbeLead

Bearcat
I will take the last box if you still have them!
Have a 444 Encore that should love these Hammers!
Wilbe Lead
Pm to be sent.

WilbeLead

Bearcat
Sorry my screw up! Will still take the bullets.
Have a 454 and 45 blackhawk.
Later
Wilbe Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.