Found A Ruger Old Army today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Was talking with a friend and mentioned I had bid on an Old Army in an online auction. Said it was blue and had been neglected with the cleaning necessary...but I figured I could clean it up...Well he just up and said...do you want a nice one and I said sure. He offered me a new in Box unfired with the docs etc blued OA. He said he'd sell it to me for 400 bucks. He's even gonna pay to ship it. I assume that is a pretty good buy as most all go for much more in auctions.... Any idea what a new complete OA is worth these days?? I may even buy the one in the auction for a shooter. I wish it were SS but beggars etc etc. Thanks

gunman42782

Hunter
As much as prices are these days he's almost giving it to you. Half price or even a little more than half price of what they are selling for. Especially with the box and paperwork. Yeah, that's a deal I would make all day long!

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Well I did say I'd buy it. As far as shipping... It's a B/P gun. So he can just ship UPS I guess.I even found a few hundred caps and a couple pounds of B/P on the shelf. My Muzzle loading rifle is a Savage smokeless powder shooter. No clean-up...I'm gonna try to buy the auction gun too... Just for a shooter

G2

Hunter
Congrats on the nice find….

Last edited:

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
I have had less than even ok deliveries from USPS lately. Have a package supposed to have been delivered last week still not here yet. Don't have much trust in them anymore

Latest posts