For Sale: Model 29-4, 3" barrel, SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
SPF, SPF Model 29-4, 3" barrel, round-butt, full under-lug, non-fluted cylinder. Classic Hunter...
NEW drop to $1080, was $1175.00 via postal money order, Western Union, Cashier's check, etc. Gun to be mailed after funds clear my bank. NO TRADES, please.
First "I'll take it" followed by email or PM gets it, although I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose.
I will pay for my Dealer services and shipping.
I am requesting rapid payment or will go to next in line. I will ship quickly and securely to your FFL dealer.

MANY MORE PICS IN PHOTOBUCKET LINK at bottom of this post.

S&W model 29-4, 3" bbl, 96%-97% NRA condition. No visual evidence of muzzle wear. Two sets of wood stocks, Eagle and Ahern Concealed Carry (cocobolo) Boot Grips. Both sets of grips are in excellent condition...very close to 100%.
The Eagle grips are S&W Rosewood, finger-position, N-frame, round butt, smooth grips.
Link to the Eagle grips is at bottom of this post. The Eagle grip on this gun appears identical to the linked Eagle grip, other than my grip has a rounded bottom rather than square-cut at the bottom of the grip.

The model 29-4 is 3" bbl Smith, a model 29-4, (s.n. BDZ 3748)
It was shipped from the factory in 1989, with SKU 101251.

It's a beautiful Blue, in my eyes. I bought it "used," put on some carry grips from Ahern and haven't shot the gun more than perhaps ten rounds total at the range.
There is a cylinder ring...very fine but there; a vertical drag-line between the cylinder lock-up notches, plus a fine "white" wear line through the blue on the face-plate recoil shield. The smooth non-fluted cylinder is like a mirror, very nearly... but not quite 100%. The bore is clean and shiny.
No rust, no mars, virgin frame screws. Trigger width is 0.400"; hammer spur is 0.500" wide. One brass STOCK screw has a damaged head...looks bad but works fine...easily and cheaply replaced. (Not my doing)

The model 29 was improved late in the production cycle of the 29-3 with an endurance package to strengthen the revolver and they were marked as 29-3E. Google informs me that only the Lew Horton models were so marked on the model 29-3 guns...the 29-4 revolvers lacked the Lew Horton stamp.

According to GuySmith..."The Classic Hunter started as a Lew Horton special run of like 500. Which sold out fast so S&W decided to make another run of them, the second run is what you have. Both the -3 and the -4 are the same spec wise, they did come in various barrel lengths. the only differance between the -3 and the -4 is having the Lew Horton name on the pistol. All of the Non fluted, underlug barrelled S&Ws became Classic Hunters."

I spoke with Roy Jinks, famed S&W historian today. He confirmed that the 29-4 is in the line of Class Hunter, and stated that there is no difference in "value" between the Lew Horton marked 29-3's and the 29-4's which do not carry the Lew Horton stamp.

I'm selling the gun as is. I have included MANY pics, which should suffice to show the gun's condition. No box or papers. Comes in a zippered soft case. Some pics show a shiny muzzle, but this is just reflected light; the muzzle has NO apparent wear of the bluing.
I've not shot it in perhaps seven or eight years, and it's been sitting in my safe. It shot just fine, however, and I believe that the gun is mechanically fine.
I am NRA LIFE member and have approximately quantity 150 positive feedback @ 100% on Bladeforums.com and 100% positive also on Ebay. I will provide usernames on those forums if requested by an interested "buyer."

This is a uniquely rare gun in rare condition. $ Big Drop to $1080; was $1175.00 via postal money order, Western Union, ,Cashier's check, etc. Gun to be mailed after funds clear my bank. Price includes both sets of wood stocks (no visible mars, dents, scratches.)
I will cover the FFL shipping costs; typically Fed Ex and about five day transit to your FFL dealer. I'll need a signed copy of the FFL from your dealer and his physical shipping address. Thank you.

First "I'll take it" followed by email or PM gets it, although I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose.

Smith 29-4 3-inch Photos by Sonnytoo | Photobucket
Gun Grips | S&W Finger Position N Frame Roun - S&W Rosewood Finger Position N Frame Round Butt grips smooth | Gun Grips

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
PM sent to above poster.

Note BIG price drop to $1080. This is a heck of a good price for this gun.