Florida and the Next Hurricane...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know the predictors are still guessing, but Florida and maybe other Southeastern States could be pounded by Hurricane Ian.

We have lots of folks on this forum residing in the Southeast. My heart and Prayers go out for you all.

Thank you....we are putting up the last of the shutters as soon as it becomes light enough to see. Then it is just wait and see.
We will have a house full of family and their pets.

pharmer

Single-Sixer
In 43 years I've been through a few. It's the price for going to the beach in February. I'm 20 miles East of the "Mouse House" and I don't worry until they shut down. Unfortunately, this one has a lot of "Charlie" on board. Best wishes to those on the Gulf Coast. Folks are losing their minds over here, ready to shoot each other over that last case of water. I can only imagine the Gulf Coast, adding the evacuation in. Joe

Actually there is plenty of bottled water here in Palm Harbor. All the gas stations have it stacked outside, and the price is their normal price.
Slight problem getting gas, but it is just a matter of waiting your turn to get to the pumps. There is what is causing a lot of the distress.

pyth0n

Buckeye
I know the predictors are still guessing, but Florida and maybe other Southeastern States could be pounded by Hurricane Ian.

We have lots of folks on this forum residing in the Southeast. My heart and Prayers go out for you all.

Thanks.

Looks like this one is missing us. Sorry it has to pile up on FL. We still haven't gotten completely over Hurricane Ida.
My fishing trip out of Venice, LA is still on hold until they get the place rebuilt.
Hope this one peters out to a category 2 or less by the time it hits landfall.
Y'all hunker down, ya hear?

Something that many people are unaware about hurricanes is that tornadoes usually follow behind them and that is the cause of much of the damage.

hpman66

Hunter
Suppose everyone in Florida owned/operated EV's during hurricane evacs?! I just hope everyone gets through the ordeal with minimal problems/losses.

002_jpg-2540382-jpg.1092899

Last edited:
Dog YoYo and I just made our morning walk. Getting gusty and rain bands. Not bad yet. We are lucky in the Tampa Bay (St. Pete) area as it as it looks like Ian will hit 80 miles south of us. Moved from Austin last summer to live near our son who assured us that major hurricanes don't hit the Tampa/St. Pete area. Fortunately for him he is into computers and not meteorology :)

LDM

Blackhawk
And, according to Amy Klobuchar, if everyone votes for Dimwitcrats hurricanes will magically disappear. I'd sure like to "follow the science" behind that statement.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Actually there is plenty of bottled water here in Palm Harbor. All the gas stations have it stacked outside, and the price is their normal price.
Slight problem getting gas, but it is just a matter of waiting your turn to get to the pumps. There is what is causing a lot of the distress.

I am a Florida native (born in Oldsmar!), and lived on Ohio Ave in Plum Razor errrr Palm Harbor for a couple years back in the '80s. Praying for all you folks to make it safely through the storm with no property damage.