Fired Case

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Reading a post about buying a "used" SR 1911 got me wondering a little bit about the fired ctg case Ruger includes with the pistol.

What does original owner do with the fired case ?

Do original owner include the case as part of the re-sale?

Too much time on my hands to wonder about such things?

Precision32

Blackhawk
Some governments require firearms owners submit a cartridge case from the firearm when the gun is registered, etc. If you live in a state that still follows the Constitution of the United States you can just file 13 the case.

ra

Single-Sixer
I just throw it in the fired brass pile and reload it. I have bought a couple of dozen new Rugers and all but one had a normal fired case. I have a 44 Magnum 50th Anniversary Flat Top that came with a case with the head painted red, I have not reloaded it.

Roger

dakota1911

Buckeye
They are interesting at times. I know my SR1911-CMD which I bought in Jan 2013 has a fired case dated 12-07-2012.

Sugar River

Buckeye
ra said:
I just throw it in the fired brass pile and reload it. I have bought a couple of dozen new Rugers and all but one had a normal fired case. I have a 44 Magnum 50th Anniversary Flat Top that came with a case with the head painted red, I have not reloaded it.

Roger

A wise decision, brass with the head painted red/purple indicates proof ammo. While it might be safe to reload, it's not worth the risk IMO.