felt bags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
Does anyone know where I can buy a couple original red felt bags for single six .22 mag cylinders? My Dad and I bought single sixes over 30 years ago together, great heirlooms. Had a lot of fun together with them but unfortunately bags got lost. I know of the aftermarket ones but would really prefer originals. Just trying to put guns back to the way they were when we bought them before the old boy passes. Thanks.

06ackley

Single-Sixer
I would put a want to buy ad in the classifieds.I am sure someone can help you out,i don't have any or I would.By the way by your handle are you an olds guy also?

MCPO

Bearcat
Joe makes & sells them. Various sizes & colors - red included

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=31930

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
A WTB ad should produce a few original ones. You mentioned you wanted those kind, NOT reproductions.

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
Thanks I put an ad in classifieds.
06 Ackley,
My Dad raised me on old Oldsmobiles, I always drove Olds till they quit making them. Got a 76 Cutlass I bought new sitting in garage, next to my guns, it goes last. :D

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
cutlassguy, you brought a tear to my eye. I lost my Dad 11 years ago and passed his Single Six convertible on to my son and grandson (including all the goodies and the $69.50 sales tag).

Good on you for making the most of it. Cherish the memories.

JD

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
Mr. Surveyor, sorry to hear about your Dad. Its going to be real hard when my Dad's time comes. He had to go to a home last summer, boy does that suck.
I'm sure your boy appreciates his gun and its history.

The receipt for ours shows a price of 92.50 in 1975 for them. The clerk who wrote it up put down my Dad's age and where he worked. I guess that was the extent of the background check :lol: I remember back then I was still at home in school thinking how much money that was and how long I had to save for it. If we only knew huh?

Latest posts