Favorite Holster for Single Six 4 5/8 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JSimpson65

Bearcat
Hello All,

I'm wondering what everyone's favorite holster would be for a Single Six 4 5/8 (.32 Mag) I recently purchased. I have a couple of the Galco holsters sold by Ruger and like them, but it doesn't seem like they're made for a Single Six.

So, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Joe

swcr

Bearcat
My personal favorite for a Single Six regardless of barrel length is a crossdraw like this one.
SingleSixcrossdraw3.jpg

I have had several customers however that prefer something along these lines, although this one is for a 4 5/8" Blackhawk.
RugerBlackhawk4625OWB1withthumbbreak.jpg

Ethang

Blackhawk
I picked up a Galco Three Persons from a forum member for my 4 5/8 SS 32 mag. I really like it. It carries well and goes with me on my dog walks.

I have a Ted Blocker that I also picked up for it that I have retired since getting the Galco. The only thing I didn't like about the Blocker was the strap. The Galco has a thong which I prefer.

COR

Blackhawk
Simply Rugged Pancake gets my vote. Rob does great work. Strongside or Crossdraw option. www.simplyrugged.com

03-15007.jpg

Scott

Single-Sixer
I like my triple k with the snap thumb break. It's just like the ones on the ruger web site, but they don't list one for the short ss. Bought it off triple k's website. Good quality, good price, and it holds real close with a good belt. I like the thumb break over the hammer for woods carry 'cause it secures the hammer well but presents quickly when needed.

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
If I had a 4-5/8 Single six I would jump all over one of these at the Ruger on line store in the Attic Treasures section. I have one for my 5-1/2 in SS and another for my 6-1/2 Blackhawk . They have not made them for quite a while and they are a bargain at $49.95.

pracholster.jpg

JSimpson65

Bearcat
Thanks to all for the input.

I may look at one of the Threepersons style holsters since I like the simplicity of the design, but I also like the look of Eugene's crossdraw holster. In the meantime, the Simply Rugged pancake holster I bought for a Blackhawk 4 5/8 seems to fit the Single Six decently as well, so I have a little time to decide.

Thanks again,

Joe

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
http://shopruger.com/Attic-Treasures/products/565/

Looks like they have run out of the Right hand models unless you buy it with a mini 14 stock. There is some Lefties that you can wear Cav. style

Bkat

Blackhawk
J, third one on the right holds my single-six .32 H&R. These are all by a forum member, "Reuben Cogburn." He makes a stout, clean and simple holster at a good price and fast turnaround time. These all have hammer thongs but he also makes them with the retaining strap.

Bkat

AlaskaLeatherHolsters003.jpg