Empty Ruger pistol boxes...any idea on pricing these?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sehombre

Bearcat
I have two empty Ruger pistol boxes that I need to price, but I have been unable to find information...etc. If anyone has an idea about pricing or their market value I would appreciate it.

33uubo9.jpg

1. 1976 Ruger "Single Six", .22 Caliber Revolver, 5.5" Bbl.
35hmwbt.jpg

2. 1977 Ruger "Security Six, Speed Six, Police Service Six" 357 Caliber Revolver
282nabn.jpg

hittman

Staff member
What model number is on the end of the Security Six box? Can you post a pic of that please?

I don't know about the single action box and model number may make a difference on the other one.

Think there's some in the Classified section now in the $20 range including shipping.

Welcome to the forum!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
hittman, based on the photo in the lower left corner of the above pic, I'd guess that DA box held a RDA34.

The NR5 box is maybe $10 and the RDA34 box, manual, and plastic red eagle bag maybe $30. If the DA box were for a scarcer model like a GA32 there would be more demand. But the manual is not for a stainless gun so probably not. It may also be that there is no end label on the DA box since the glue did have a habit of giving up over the years.

sehombre

Bearcat
I ended up listing the black eagle box on ebay and it sold for $30. It was for a 357 mag (penciled on the box top) that appears to have been blued, but the box did not have any identification or lable at the end. I have yet to decide on the white eagle or .22 cal box, but most likely will post on ebay.

I appreciate the response and the warm welcome.

Thanks to all.

whenever ANY doubt, throw 'em out for 'auction', those 'in need' will set the price...at the shows we get around$15-20 for these boxes...if over the internet, one has to cover shipping and that ain't cheap...it isn't a letter.