display board

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
finally got a few up on my display board. I need a small light for the center and can't find one I like. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

007-3.jpg

Kanook

Buckeye
I got a room with a window that faces south and the sun is most always shining in. That should be enough light

contender

Ruger Guru
Too much direct sunlight can & will fade a lot of things. Be careful about that.

I showed this post to Miss Penny & she was studying it & was shaking her head. I said; "What,, he only has 39 guns up there?" She goes, "Only 39?" I then casually said,,, "Yes,,,," letting it sink in. SHe then said, "No display boards for you,, we don't have the wall space!"

That's a nice way to display them. Are you planning on an upcoming Ruger display show???

M'BOGO

Buckeye
That looks great! As for the light, you could make up a sconse, with a flat piece of glass, in my head at least quarter inch, and have it frosted (sandblasted), and have the screaming eagle deep relief sandblasted, or maybe cut in like crystal. You could make it look like a giant grip medallion. There is some glass out there with the color flashed on the outside surfaces, for sandblasting the color off, you could really make it look like a grip medallion.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Kanook said:
I got a room with a window that faces south and the sun is most always shining in. That should be enough light

Wished I had thought of that first!

Chris

Blackhawk
Very Nice display, did you use brass pins?

This maybe too big, but take a look

http://www.ebay.com/itm/d237-r-Ruger-Firearms-Gun-Logo-Neon-Light-Sign-/160940672216?pt=Plaques_Signs&hash=item2578cfc4d8

Chris