Deerstalker + Moose = Microed RSSM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ten22

Single-Sixer
Well... I have another thought about that ruger invoice cause I got one very
similar to that one that came from ruger when my micro gun was sent
back to be converted. I believe that note just lists the configuration as received by the service department because my invoice lists the sights and
the trigger shoe. I think that flattop had the micro sights on it before it was sent in for service.

TA - Did not get a letter but called in to check original configuration and ship date, so I have no reason to believe it would not letter as a duplicate. Plus I believe the service department paperwork lists the d also. Records lady said nothing about the serial number when I spoke with her, just another serial number to her.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
ten22,
Thanks,, JM.02, but I would get a letter from them on it,,never hurts, :wink: . Not ALL "S" & "D" guns letter though,,I know I own one.

Great gun you have there,,,as Sgt Shultz used to say 'very interesting"
Thanks for sharing.
Terry

americal

Hunter
ten22 said:
Well... I have another thought about that ruger invoice cause I got one very
similar to that one that came from ruger when my micro gun was sent
back to be converted. I believe that note just lists the configuration as received by the service department because my invoice lists the sights and
the trigger shoe. I think that flattop had the micro sights on it before it was sent in for service.

TA - Did not get a letter but called in to check original configuration and ship date, so I have no reason to believe it would not letter as a duplicate. Plus I believe the service department paperwork lists the d also. Records lady said nothing about the serial number when I spoke with her, just another serial number to her.
THANKS for that info. very important :!: :!: so your gun already had the microes on it when shipped to be converted-----------

ten22

Single-Sixer
Exactly americal, equipped with micros when it was returned to ruger to be safetyfied. It is my guess that mr. deerstalkers gun was also equipped with micros BEFORE going back to ruger.

I must agree with ten22, that is a note by the tech as to what is on the gun they received for service, NOT an "installation" of such....and even if it was , that is a "service order';' not a custom...that invoice is for service, NOT a gun "order"..............it may and should (could) "letter" as a "S" , "D" whatever, records will show that..........not what parts are on it or any given gun.........

Well gent's,

Nothing like a great dialogue on a great old firearm, i'll say that i must agree and disagree. lets read the work order and evaluate it both ways. is it a note on how the gun showed up for prior to the work requested? or is it a request for work to be preformed?

Lets start out with the letter itself: NOTE: Information in this box is evaluation, observation, "notes on repair or condition of firearm" (the non-conclusive part, could be both ways,) determined by service department repairman and/or supervisor, and "not elsewhere list on the repair set" (thats why ruger repairman listed the Micro below, no such part is in there inventory, thus listed below as per the NOTE block "not elsewhere list on this repair set) that makes sense.

States: w/ Micro sight, steel housing & XR-3 grip frame, the Micro was never offered for sale as a "add-on" (thus, thats what this discussion is all about) the steel housing was listed, was available and was changed, the grip frame was listed above on the work order, was available and was changed. (this can only be concluded that this was a request and that this request was carried out as per the gun owners request)

NOTE: panels for XR-3 grip frame are no longer available from the factory. (this can only be concluded as a request for grip panels, or an order as what the owner wanted, it would be nonsensical to think that this note any other way? Ruger informing the customer that there not made any more, thus not available. (flip the coin, the Ruger employee would know that there not available, it can only be concluded that this is a request, not an on coming observation. the costumer would had to have requested them. think about it, ruger is noting that grip panels are no longer available as a condition of how this gun was received?)

Replace with parts listed above: that statment is self evident, concludes that the customer wanted the parts changes listed above, to include the grip panels that where not available any more. only making a reasonable thinking guy that informing the panels that are no longer available is not the condition of how the gun showed up for requested repair.

In my conclusion, All the parts list above where added to the gun, the one part that was not available, was noted on this form, thus was return with the chipped grip panel. this only reinforces the premise that the notes listed below are what was requested, not how the gun show up at ruger for requested repairs.

Also, request on this work sheet was for a new cylinder, is was listed on the "work order set" this was changed out to a Super cylinder, BUT was not listed on the "NOTES" block? why? they had the part (although it was a "super" there was a spot in the work order set block, thus thats why it was NOT listed below in the NOTE's block. reinforces the thought that parts where wanted but not available or not list on the work order sheet would be listed below. (flip the coin, why was not the Old model 44 cylinder not listed as not available?, or why making it a request would seem the reason to me.

ump in on the thoughts......Scott

americal

Hunter
Scott the gun is different for sure :arrow: not trying to demish the gun just telling my opinion after a closer look at your gun,if you want to sell put your price on it and the market or wants of a buyer will come through :) and I hope you have a satisfying sell :D and again thanks for the RSSM micro------ wayne I am NO EXPERT ON RUGERS FOR SURE :!:

Wayne,
Gun is unfired since being re-fitted, over 31, plus years.

So thats, a 1958 FT, sent back the the rugers co. 23 years after being born, (1981) send back to Ruger for the this work order, and then sits un-fired for 31 years.

I can only say wow, its been-a long strange trip for this FT.
Scott

mr.deerstalker said:
Only two things to say,

#1. Some times it feels good to know you sold a gun to the right guy, I own that gun and after a few -e-mail's. I then sold it to the "right guy" some times its NOT about the sale. enjoy that gun!

#2. I would have to disagree with you, Ruger had its hands in at least one Ruger with "Micro Sight". I have a 1958 Flat Top that was sent back to Ruger 33 years later, (1981) re-fitted with a "Super" cylinder and was fitted with a "Micro Sight". the paper work on the Ruger work Order is "Clear". ser# is listed, change the Cylinder is listed, add a Micro sight is listed on that ORIGINAL Ruger work order. (NOT a copy) Im a fair and intelligent man, Fully knowing that "things" happen at the Ruger factory as "Special orders for a friend", "favors", "make it happen", dude! do this for my bro, or an employee made his own "Mods", this happens all the time. BUT, the bottom line is that I have the Original work order and it says what it says. Ruger at one time, for what ever reason? made this 44 Flat Top with all the changes to this gun over thirty years ago. this gun was sent back to a gun shop in Fairbanks, Alaska. and has NOT been fired since.

To say Ruger Never made a gun or had any thing to do with a Micro Sight's? thats B/S. I have one, and can prove it.

Its a cool gun........Scott

I know of a Hawkeye revolver that was manufactured at least a year or so after they were discontinued from parts that still remained at the factory....the gun has the bill of sale and a workorder signed by WBR himself Ok'ing the manufacture of the revolver for an employee....what do you think that gun should be worth? Most likely, the LAST Hawkeye revolver to be manufactured by SR&Co.....makes me smile just to think about it 8) 8) 8)

NEVER SAY NEVER.....NEVER!!! :shock:

Latest posts