Deerstalker + Moose = Microed RSSM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
I finally found out how Deerstalker :arrow: Scott found so many Rugers in Alaska,he had a trained moose to get him to some rough places to purchase Ruger SA's,he said he drank to much in his younger days :arrow: I ain't buying that story :lol: posted a microed RSSM in the classifieds,I thought it was a well worn gun but when it got here I was pleasently suprized serial # 302346
IMG_1442.jpg

americal

Hunter
Chad's book came in handy on this one :) it has a high polished barrel and wide base pin flats,the high polish looks right--like on the SUPER BLACKHAWKE'S--that were coming out at that time --it was shipped in sept. of 1959 so someone may have been practiceing their polishing skills :lol: rollmark is not blurred at all,factory said the invoice said nothing of what the grips were --so no RSSMW :( but who knows-----
IMG_1427.jpg

RugerHound

Hunter
Now that's interesting! I have an RSS, SN 138683 that Ruger was able to tell me shipped in June 59 with hard rubber grips.

But it doesn't have sights like that one!! :eek: :D

americal

Hunter
RugerHound said:
Now that's interesting! I have an RSS, SN 138683 that Ruger was able to tell me shipped in June 59 with hard rubber grips.

But it doesn't have sights like that one!! :eek: :D
RH thats just the way ruger records are sometimes the invoice will have the type grips noted sometimes not--the earliest RSSMW reported is serial #311462 according to RENE so these were added later --the gun could have went to Micro Sight Co. as they were a early distributer and the grips added there with the micro front and rear sight or the individual who owned the gun put the grips and aftermarket sights on it--I am 99.9% + sure the factory had NOTHING to do with the MICRO SIGHTS :!: Micro would install the sights for 1.50 --that front sight is called the Quick Draw model front blade--hope I got all this right if not correct me guys :)

ten22

Single-Sixer
I was looking thru an old shooters bible and the micro sights were $15, considering the gun was like $62, that's quite a bit. Guess that's why you see so few. If I hadn't picked one up the week before this one showed up, it would have been headed to the east coast - nice snag and killer grips.

americal

Hunter
ten22 said:
I was looking thru an old shooters bible and the micro sights were $15, considering the gun was like $62, that's quite a bit. Guess that's why you see so few. If I hadn't picked one up the week before this one showed up, it would have been headed to the east coast - nice snag and killer grips.
Thanks to all you guys :) 22 way to go 8) would love for you to tell me about your micro--and post a picture if you can :)

ten22

Single-Sixer
Sure, here it is. Should make a neat shooter. Bought from original owner, who had a unfluted NM mag cylinder fitted to it by ruger. Also came with a ace trigger shoe. Unconverted last night :D

micro.jpg

Only two things to say,

#1. Some times it feels good to know you sold a gun to the right guy, I own that gun and after a few -e-mail's. I then sold it to the "right guy" some times its NOT about the sale. enjoy that gun!

#2. I would have to disagree with you, Ruger had its hands in at least one Ruger with "Micro Sight". I have a 1958 Flat Top that was sent back to Ruger 33 years later, (1981) re-fitted with a "Super" cylinder and was fitted with a "Micro Sight". the paper work on the Ruger work Order is "Clear". ser# is listed, change the Cylinder is listed, add a Micro sight is listed on that ORIGINAL Ruger work order. (NOT a copy) Im a fair and intelligent man, Fully knowing that "things" happen at the Ruger factory as "Special orders for a friend", "favors", "make it happen", dude! do this for my bro, or an employee made his own "Mods", this happens all the time. BUT, the bottom line is that I have the Original work order and it says what it says. Ruger at one time, for what ever reason? made this 44 Flat Top with all the changes to this gun over thirty years ago. this gun was sent back to a gun shop in Fairbanks, Alaska. and has NOT been fired since.

To say Ruger Never made a gun or had any thing to do with a Micro Sight's? thats B/S. I have one, and can prove it.

Its a cool gun........Scott

americal

Hunter
I really like it :!: :!: :!: but I am a microsight RSS collector ,it does prove as far as I know by the paper work to be what I call a ruger custom gun -- What did the factory say :?: :?: very interesting RUGER some will like it --some will not :arrow: just depends on personal interest first paper work that micro sights were put on at the ruger factory so a important gun to me :D :D

americal

Hunter
americal said:
I really like it :!: :!: :!: but I am a microsight RSS collector ,it does prove as far as I know by the paper work to be what I call a ruger custom gun -- What did the factory say :?: :?: very interesting RUGER some will like it --some will not :arrow: just depends on personal interest first paper work that micro sights were put on at the ruger factory so a important gun to me :D :D
on futher inspection it looks to have some kind of spray application on the grip frame and the gun has been polished out quite a bit--which is a negative for it ----