Convince me not to buy a SW22 Victory with threaded barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
I recently bought a Dead Air Mask HD .22 rimfire suppressor. After buying I discovered that my early SR22 is not compatible with Ruger's threaded barrel upgrade. Thoughts?

CraigC

Hawkeye
The Victory is a good pistol but ugly as sin and only available in stainless. The Ruger is better looking and a well-proven design with more grip options and much greater aftermarket support. Depending on the model you can mount an optic and keep your iron sights.

IMG_8837b.jpg

I got a great deal on a Victory when they came out. I like the rear sight with the rail. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on it and can remove and still have sights. It is very accurate. I sold my MK II recently, and will eventually get a MK IV but The Smith is my go to squirrel pistol right now.

dingode

Single-Sixer
I have a MKI, MKII, MKIII and a Victory. If you could find a threaded barrel MKI or MKII go for it. Other than that get a Victory. Sure you could buy a threaded barrel MKIV, but it'll cost you $100+ more than the Victory and you'll dump another $75 into the trigger to make it better. Victory has a nice trigger and great accuracy right out of the box.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Buckmarks are excellent, been shooting them for nearly 30yrs but they suffer from the same lack of aftermarket support.

IMG_7227b.jpg

jules

Single-Sixer
My Victory is very accurate and eats everything. Trigger pull isn't bad but should be better for a target pistol. The MKIII Lite's are not as accurate but aftermarket parts make the trigger pull outstanding.

IMG_20180224_183442787.jpg

IMG_20180224_183742646.jpg

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
Well, I stopped in my LGS this morning to pick up a couple of online purchase transfers and I found one of these sitting on the shelf. I made the mistake of fondling it, only to realize that it balances and points so well. Needless to say, it followed me home...

Well, I've never even handled the S&W or Buckmark but I will say if those are more accurate than a 22/45, you no longer need a 22 rifle.
Personal perception, hand size/shape, and other factors likely play a bigger role than actual performance.

Latest posts