Cattleman holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Glocktex

Bearcat
Anyone use this from Simply Rugged?
Thinking about this one or a sourdough pancake.
It would be for a 5.5" Blackhawk bisley.
Pics and thoughts are welcome.
Much thanks!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
While I don't have one like that,, "Simply Rugged" makes some good shucks & are good folks to deal with. Rob is a member here.
Buy with confidence!

J.Johnson

Single-Sixer
I much prefer the cattleman over the sourdough for the single fact that pancake style holsters don't ride real good on a skinny rail like me. The sourdough was very uncomfortable, on me, so I went to the cattleman. Your mileage may vary.

Finally
js0xvs.jpg

Glocktex

Bearcat
Does the cattleman ride too low? I'm 5'7"and it is a 5.5" barrel. I wonder if it would ride too low??

J.Johnson

Single-Sixer
In my opinion, it rides right where it should. Puts the rear of the cylinder frame right at the belt line. Now if you are trying to conceal it, you might want something that rides a little higher.

Glocktex

Bearcat
Thanks for the pics and thoughts. I think it would probably be a little big to conceal. I guess I'll give it some more thought. The sourdough looks as if it rides a little higher. Perhaps that's the way I should go? Decisions. Decisions.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
If you're looking for something a little more concealable, look into :
Mernickel
http://www.mernickleholsters.com/bm_ccsys.html

or: Western Star
http://www.westernstarleather.com/Holsters_c3.htm
(scroll down)
They both offer a similar high ride.
Good luck on your search. I finally just gave up and learned to make my own. ( but I still seem to have another drawer full)

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
I've owned a number of sourdough pancakes and a couple of cattlemen. The cattlemen is not really a conceal type holster, but it is a wonderful field/open carry holster. That's where it really shines.

The pancakes with IWB straps work great for conceal carry. Even a 5.5".

MCPO

Bearcat
I have the Cattleman in Cross Draw and it's my favorite carry holster (3.75 SA). W-a-y better made holster than any other holster I have including El Paso Saddlery.

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
I have a couple of Rob's Cattleman, both in cross draw. One for my 7.5" 475 Linebaugh built on a NM Bisley Blackhawk, and the other for a 5.5" 44 Mag Bisquero. Also have several of his pancake's and they ride a bit higher than the Cattleman in strong side or cross draw. I like the pancake for 4 5/8 barrel lengths and shorter. Cary both my Smith 4" N Frames in pancakes as well… Rob makes nice shuck's… they are VERY durable and purdy to boot.