Case Kicker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Desperado

Bearcat
I was looking online for a Case Kicker to fit my RCBS Rock Chucker and found this little tool so I bought it, hope it works well. http://rapidcasekicker.com/

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
There must be a way to lock it out when doing other loading operations. I can just picture it flipping a case full of powder in my lap or loaded rounds onto the floor.

Slenk

Single-Sixer
lots of directions on making your own. Here is just one . Do a quick Google search, you will find more.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?256895-Make-a-quot-case-kicker-quot-to-save-time

Desperado

Bearcat
This works very well for some of the single stage operations (not all of them) works great for sizing/depriming, and case belling. I deprime, tumble with stainless media, size, and bell, so it speeds these operations and works great this way for me. I have not used it run the seat/crimp operation yet, but I'm sure it will work well in this operation with my catch bin under it, so loaded rounds don't hit the floor.

contender

Ruger Guru
Good to know! Keep us posted as to final results. You mention it doesn't work with all single stage operations. Yet, you mentioned it's done good so far with sizing & depriming,& neck expansion. So what hasn't worked?

Desperado

Bearcat
contender said:
Good to know! Keep us posted as to final results. You mention it doesn't work with all single stage operations. Yet, you mentioned it's done good so far with sizing & depriming,& neck expansion. So what hasn't worked?

It won't work at all if you use your press for priming, not sure I would use it for seat only, but it will work for seat and crimp.

dg101win

Single-Sixer
Many Moons ago RCBS made their own Case Kicker,I don't know if they still do or not.
I used it when sizing handgun brass, can't recall if I used it when priming or seating the bullets though.
I used it on my RCBS Jr.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yes, RCBS did make a case kicker. I have one & almost a second one. (I need one part.) They have been discontinued for several years. Hard to find them now. You can use your press primer seater with the RCBS one. It's good to know you can't with this unit.

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
I have the RCBS case kicker and could not live without it. I have looked for another one recently and they seem as scarce as hens teeth these days.

contender

Ruger Guru
Tenbore, I agree. I went on the hunt a few years back. No luck. I was at SHOT, & found out that it had been discontinued years before. But the rep from RCBS I spoke with told me he believed he had a few odd pieces that hadn't been scrapped. He sent me part of one, still in the white & not painted the RCBS green. I still need the plastic tray that fits it. Of course, I haven't tried to make one yet, as that press isn't currently in operation. Something that is going to change in the upcoming months. But I've managed to get all other parts. A constant search on sleezbay or Gunbroker may turn one up occasionally.

Pocketfisherman

Bearcat
How do you keep the shell holder from rotating and binding on the case rim during ejection? It has been my experience that shellholders gradually rotate during use.

contender

Ruger Guru
I haven't tried to stop my shell holder from it's slight rotation. I just occasionally have to turn it back a bit. If you try to make it immobile, it MIGHT change how the ammo is loaded.

Desperado

Bearcat
I have found that I can use this case kicker for all steps on a single stage press but priming, I like using a hand or bench primer anyway, the shell holder does rotate around a bit, I found that it rotates most when I put a shell in the holder and not on ejection, if it rotates a bit I just rotate it back and all is good, it really saves time using it.