SOLD Bucket of wheel weights WNC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnp

Bearcat
I have a bucket of dirty wheel weights. There is other junk in there, I've not gone through it, it's just like it came from the tire store. I've had it forever and figured I'm not getting into casting now. The scales say the bucket and all is 78 lbs. I would think there is 40-50 lbs of lead.
I live in the Mill Spring area but travel toward Asheville once or twice a week and can meet somewhere in between if that helps.
$30.00
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Enigma

Hunter
I am doubtful that the bucket contains that much lead, UNLESS you know for a fact that there are no steel or zinc weights in it, along with razor blades, tire valves, snuff cans, nitrile gloves, etc. Not trying to be a wise guy, but lead weights are almost extinct in many places.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I've got two of those buckets that are totally full of wheel weights from 20+ years ago. Wife suggests I get rid of them because she "hates them". I could never understand how someone could hate a bucket (or two) of wheel weights. I guess sooner or later, I'll be posting them here..... :unsure:

J.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
One thing about wheel weights to look out for is zinc wheel weights. Some areas in our country don't allow the use of lead for wheel weights. I worked in wrecking yards for appox 40 years and found other soarces of lead on cars. Chrysler products have a lead weight under the steering wheel on cars that have adjustable steering columns. The weight makes the column drop eaiser. Also on Ford Crown Victorias and simular Mercury RWD cars have a tin can full of lead shot bolted to the rear of the transmission. I believe it has some thing to do with vibration. Some of the same cars will have steel shot, but will be rusty in color.

CHEVYINLINE6.