Breaking in the SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

clard61

Bearcat
I have been wanting a Ruger SR9c for quite some time now. I had researched it quite a bit from on-line forums and went to my local range to try it out before purchasing. I really enjoyed the way in which it felt in my hand and the trigger pull was excellent. I still had some doubts however after reading many reviews concerning the trigger not resetting and the light primer strikes that were being reported. I own 2 other Ruger handguns, P89 and the Ruger LCR 38, they have both been exceptional guns, no failures with either one, as a matter of fact I purchased the P89 well over 15 years ago and not one issue with it whatsoever, all ammo is good ammo with the P-series Rugers. I decided to trust my history with the Rugers and finally purchased the SR9c 2 weeks ago.

My first trip to the range was spectacular. I had decided to use the ammo I had read was most troublesome according to some on-line postings, WWB, and UMC. I also used Blazer brass 115gr along with PMC 115gr. After over 150 total rounds not one failure of any kind, the SR9c shot everything I put in it without one single problem. I did tear it down and clean it up a bit before the initial trip, simply wiped it down and wiped the striker clean with a cloth along with the striker channel, it was not that gunked up to begin with. If the cheapest and lightest of ammo's shoot well, I look forward to shooting some more quality ammo in the future without any fear of failure.

I'm thrilled with this guns performance and how it feels to shoot, I'm glad I trusted my instincts on this one. (Never doubt Ruger) :lol: American Made :lol:

Latest posts