• plow handle, or old style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bisley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DGHERK

Bearcat
My dad has got a 45 Hunter with the plow handle and I have got the 45 Hunter with the Bisley. Shooting side by side. Its the Bis for me.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
tried a bis but with hot loads it racked my knuckles and tried to hit me in the face as well. the plow handle seems to be way more comfortable sure it moves a lot but it doesn't hurt

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
With heavy loads I like the Bisleys much better. I really don't like the shorty 4 5/8 blued guns with the alloy frame with heavy loads... that is a finger eating setup for me.

With light loads, I think I do prefer the XR3 grips but they do feal funny after mostly shooting Bisley gripped guns.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Well, I have the bisleys, standard XR3-Red, dragoon, birds heads and hunters. I'm like Flatgate I like the Hunter the best and have been putting them on my stainless ones. My packin one is a stainless Blackhawk 4 5/8's .45 Colt with hunter grip frame.

Dana

deac45

Single-Sixer
Bisley for me. I don't care for the full roll up the plowhandle gives you with stout loads. Never had a sore knuckle, either.

deac45

kentdep

Single-Sixer
I have to vote for the Bisley too. I have bigger hands and I think the Bisley gripframe takes the bite out of the hot loads that I shoot. Works for me.

On another note, if you are getting racked on recoil with a Bisley try changing the width of your grips.

Jay

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Both are fine, but the 'bisley' Ruger frames fit my hand more naturally - therefore point-ability and accuracy are improved.

I'm no gunfighter; deliberate accuracy is my thing.

MK111

Bearcat
I sold a plow handed Hunter to buy a Bisley Hunter. Then bought the Bisley 45 convertible. need I say more.

Latest posts