Bisley 45 LC Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tbow

Bearcat
Hi! Just got a Bisley off of Gunbroker and I have a question about the cylinder. When I do a serial number lookup this was originally a convertible 45 LC/45 ACP from 2013. It was sold as a 45 LC but only has the fluted cylinder. The cylinder chambers 45 Lc just fine. Do you think someone rechambered the 45 ACP cylinder to 45 Colt? A 45 ACP cylinder shouldn't chamber a 45 colt round right? The other thing is the cylinder doesn't have the serial numbers marked on it... which is weird. Any ideas are much appreciated!
1000006118.jpg
1000006119.jpg
1000006120.jpg

hittman

Staff member
I think you're missing the $150 cylinder it came with from the mother ship.

G2

Hunter
This gun has obviously had some custom work performed.
1. Grips
2. Basepin
3. I suspect the Hammer is a Power Custom, notice the thumb checking, not sure about the trigger.
1714330417688.jpeg

Picture from the GB listing.

… As for the cylinder, some prefer the fluted cylinder vs the Bisley Roll Marked Cylinder, so it could have had the 45ACP CYLINDER reamed to 45 Colt. Or the current cylinder could have come from another gun and was fluted.

I agree you would have to ask the seller/ previous owner.

Finding a 45ACP CYLINDER will be somewhat of a challenge, and Ruger would possibly fit the gun with a replacement since it was originally shipped as a convertible. But with shipping it's going to be a ~$200 +/-.

You can get some Starline 45 Special Cowboy Brass, basically 45 ACP size brass and hand load. It's even available right now.

Looks like you made a good buy especially with the "customized" items.
Make sure you come back with a range report, looks like it might be a good one, congrats.

Last edited:
While I agree about asking the seller, in my experience, many preowned guns sold on GB are sold by dealers that seem to know nothing about the history of the firearms they take in to resell, and they don't seem to care, either, and sell everything "as is" (with take it or leave it mentality). I'm all likelihood, the original owner kept it or sold it on GB / EBay when they were selling for mega bucks.

tbow

Bearcat
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess it's a semi custom gun, definitely has some upgraded parts so someone must have reamed out the acp cylinder. I asked the seller and he said he bought it from a guy in Alaska in 2020 and didn't know much about it. I'm going to get a range rod to check cylinder alignment but then I guess I'll go shoot it and see how it does. Has 0.453 throats, I hope it's a shooter!

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Definitely looks like a Power Custom hammer. The checkering as well as the lack of the "Bisley hump". Does it have a half cock position?