Are P95 Slides InterChangeable?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
wild_weasel said:
Are the KP95PR and KP95DC slides interchangeable on any given P95 frame?

Cheers,
W-W
I don't know if it's doable on any given frame, but at least two members here have reported successfully converting manual safety model P95s to "Decock only" by using P95DC top ends. One just swapped out complete top ends. The other used a complete top end plus he swapped trigger bars and ejector:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=121727
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111303

Regards,
Greg

modrifle3

Buckeye
Barrel, recoil assembly, trigger assembly are the same. The trigger bar, and slide stop are different and the trigger bar is factory fit only, so you would have to find on used.

cnj

Bearcat
Sooooooo.........I have an older model P95DC with the frame that is not "stippled" and no accessory rail. What I gather, is that I could buy a newer P95PR with the stippled frame and light rail, and swap all DC parts onto the newer frame, and have a late model P95DC with stippled frame and accessory rail......correct???

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
Parts from K95DC came the other day in the mail. I swapped out the trigger transfer bar, complete upper slide, and slide stop into my K95PR lower. CRAP! Sadly the illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) does not show the difference between the DC and the PR frames. The PR has an additional slot in the frame which allows the safety on the slide to disengage the transfer bar. While it all works a couple of pulls of the trigger the additional clearance in the PR frame allows the DC transfer bar to slip out of alignment, causing the hammer not to fall when the trigger is pulled. So this turned out to be an expensive experiment.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Dang it sucks when something just can't be done. Sell the slide and keep what you can use as spare parts. I wonder if this is true for all p series guns.

roylt

Hunter
I have swapped uppers on p944 with no issue. I have also put a p94 upper on a p944 frame and had an issue where the p94 slide did no decock the hammer unless you applied downward pressure to the slide. I think the slide to frame fit was just loose is all.

Well this is a P95... and all I can say is.....

"I told you so"

As mentioned somewhere above there is a way to make it work but it requires some smithing to get it done..... for the time involved and unknown factor I think just buying a P95dc out right is a lot easier. Do that and you now have spare parts for it.

cnj

Bearcat
cnj said:
Sooooooo.........I have an older model P95DC with the frame that is not "stippled" and no accessory rail. What I gather, is that I could buy a newer P95PR with the stippled frame and light rail, and swap all DC parts onto the newer frame, and have a late model P95DC with stippled frame and accessory rail......correct???

Well. Loks like I have my answer. Not possible. Bummer!