AR 556 stopped production?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I guess I got lucky because I was in one of my LGS's the weekend after the AR556 introduction and they were just putting out two of them on their shelves, I wanted to buy both of them as they were consecutive serial numbered but ended up buying just one as I had not planned on buying another AR....seems like they should become more available very soon if Mayodan is producing them on a daily basis...

Out West

Bearcat
I picked one up last week. My Christmas present. My dealer, GT Distributors in Dallas, TX had a waiting list anticipating receipt of 50 rifles. I was on the list for about a month. Personally, I think its most likely a supply and demand deal. The first run tested the market demand. It sold out quickly. Dealers saw the demand and placed orders for more. Ruger is now catching up.

Out
West

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Out West said:
I picked one up last week. My Christmas present. My dealer, GT Distributors in Dallas, TX had a waiting list anticipating receipt of 50 rifles. I was on the list for about a month. Personally, I think its most likely a supply and demand deal. The first run tested the market demand. It sold out quickly. Dealers saw the demand and placed orders for more. Ruger is now catching up.

Out
West

I sure hope you're right on all those speculations, with any luck my dealer who
has ordered some since soon after the introduction announcement will finally
get some in and I SHOULD be first on his list to get one!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your thought
that its is likely a supply and demand on very high demand items sounds good to me.

welder

Buckeye
Ditto on supply and demand. Whittaker's has had at least two shipments of 50 and each batch was gone before lunch. They seem to have hit a goldmine with this gun at it's price point.

michael52

Single-Sixer
i got dibs on the 1st one at my LGS, after i told him they were releasing them, he didnt know so he deals with lipseys and put a bunch in his cart..that was the day they released them..nothing yet...but said senior sellers at distributors get the 1st ones for their clients

Latest posts