Anyone like Bersa pistols?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pond Scum

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Are they related to metro arms?

Bersa and Metro Arms are not related companies. However, in the USA they are both imported by the same company, Eagle Imports. Eagle has done a good job finding 2 companies that offer great value for your dollar. I have many Bersa's and 3 Metro Arms 1911's and I have been extremely pleased with all of them. Quality guns without spending an arm and a leg for them.

My usual carry is usually a Metro Arms Commander or a Bersa BT380 Plus - the Plus has the 15 round mag. Before I "fell" for 1911's my EDC was either a Bersa 9UC or 45UC. All are very reliable and great shooters.

-Pondy :)

Jumbo

Bearcat
I've had a thunder 380 for several months now. I've fired four different brands of JHP and six types of ball ammution and it has fired it all with 100% reliability and good accuracy. I'm please with it and I often tuck it away when going out and I feel confident that it will work when called upon.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Well you guys have pretty much sold me on this pistol, coupled with the little time I spent with it. I found this very near me I thought I'd post it here to get your opinions on the price. It seems to me to be an excellent price. I'm going after this one probably in the next couple of days.

Its the all black one, third pistol down. $259

http://www.roanokefirearms.com/Bersa___Charter_Arms.html

Just one question if I may, do all the mags come with the pinky extension only? Or does that include an option for a flat magazine base? I really find the extension useless on most of the other pistols I've used, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Gregg1LE said:
Yes all the mags have the pinkie extension.Whether a flat base is available,I don't know.

Okay thanks. I actually put the breaks on my plans because now I'm not sure if I want the single stack or the double stack that holds 15 rounds. :? I think I can get away with carry even with the double stack but I'd need to hold it in my hands first before I'm sure. Those seem to be rare where I live, we've got piles of the single stacks though.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Well, I rescued the Thunder .32 yesterday. Got it home and gave it a good cleaning and inspection, seems to be a really well made gun. George P, could you please describe the minor modification you did to the .380 magazine so that it will function in the .32?

AZ40

Bearcat
My wife has the thunder 380. Bought it for her for her birthday. She needs some practice and then she's going through a ccw class. Nice little shooter for the price

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I picked up the Thunder .32 and fired it yesterday. Man, what a sweet pistol!! No malfunctions of any kind and good accuracy with both Fiocchi factory FMJ and my own lead bullet reloads. One thing that impressed me is that this gun has a passive firing pin block, meaning it can be safely carried hammer down/safety off. Overall it reminds me alot of our beloved Ruger P-series. Great pistol, I would recommend it to anyone.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Glad you got yours. I finally decided to pick up the cheaper single stack but missed it by only hours!! I was getting my keys and wallet together to go pick it up and found it had been taken down off the website. I don't know what made me double check before I left but I did. When they do that it means the guns gone. lol Still keeping my eyes open for a good deal.

KDF

Bearcat
I used to enjoy my Bersa 380 Thunder. Many need breaking in to rid themselves of jams, FTF, etc.. Once my thunder was broken in it was a very fun gun to shoot -- very accurate and fun to shoot. Qualified for my CHL using her. Cleaning it was not my favorite thing to do. Cleaning procedures were fairly simple, but that gun got dirty. I'd recommend it. There is a Forum for Bersa.....<><