Anybody using this Missouri Bullet Co. 180 grain Pugnose in your 357 mag?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldcrab

Bearcat
This last week I just tested this 180 grain Pugnose in my 357.
Was loaded with 2400 powder at approx 1100 fps.
The load was very accurate and "felt" like it would have a very good kick to it.

Anybody using this bullet and can comment about it's field results?

Thanks,

Crab

Attachments

• Pugnose 357 mag 180 grain BHN 18.JPG
    Pugnose 357 mag 180 grain BHN 18.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 75

Ethang

Blackhawk
I have a NOE 360-180 RNFP with two crimp groove choices. Looks like the NOE 180WFN above but with the top lube groove replaced by a second crimp choice and with a GC base.
I still have not loaded up those bullets I got from you way back when... good grief I need to get on it. :)

Ethang

Blackhawk
How long ago was that? I bet it's been three years.
I think it was more than that...my Lil'Gun load with the Zero soft points just shoots so darn good I have not really needed anything else. This winter I will make it a point to get some loaded up.

magnum0710

Bearcat
I haven't loaded either of the 180s yet although they are on my list. I've been loading the 158 SWCs from Missouri Bullets, so far they've been great. I got a sample of the regular lubed and the Hi Tek coated. I'm going to buy a box of 500 of the Hi Tek soon. I've only been using the 357 version, not the 12 BHN 38 version. I've been working up a woods load with the 158s and I'm pretty happy with it so far but also want to work up some 180s as well.
If you're looking for a fun plinking load try their 105 grain "Cowboy #16" 38 special Bullets. With the right load they feel like you're shooting 22.

dannyd

Hunter
If I didn't cast my own, Missouri Bullets would what I would order, used their bullets when I shot Cowboy because I was on the road almost every weekend for almost 3 years going to matches.

Latest posts