AN AMERICAN KESTRAL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
This guy was just learning to fly under his moms supervision, pretty falcon. Dr.C

IMG_1181.jpg

Don Lovel

Hunter
My favorite raptor. Pairs of them used to cruise along next to me in the heat wave from the tractor engine snatching up grasshoppers and mice. My constant companions when I tilled after wheat harvest. When they mature the blues and orange in their plumage is really pretty.

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Hey DrC my daughter wants to know what lens you use to get these awesome shots!
HIVO

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Great photo! Raptors are my favorite. Used to live near a hawkwatch site in Ontario. Spent as much time there as I could. Once camped next to a Merlin nest up there, and watched them fledge. Very very cool.

Don Lovel - why till after wheat dude?! Is that hard winter wheat? When does it come off?

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

A friend fed and cared for one she found injured in her back yard. She had a cage for it, but the door was always open so it could leave at will. When it finally started to fly again, she put the cage away, but it still stayed around her yard for several months before moving on. Neat little bird...

And, as always, another GREAT picture from Doc!

Rick C

one bullet

Single-Sixer
I just want to say Thank You for the beautiful pictures you post. If you are looking for some ideas, how about some Texas 4X4 vehicles you see out and about. You know, like that LandCruiser I covet! :D

stevemb

Hunter
They are a pretty little predator for sure ! We see them most on tele lines along back roads. Raptors as a whole though, we have too many here. The birds I like a whole lot more can't make a come back. I know, the raptors are only one factor in this. IMHO, but they are also more easily controlled than the other factors. stevemb