Alaskan grip change question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

black029

Single-Sixer
I'll be getting a .44 Mag Alaskan very soon, and am planning on putting on either the "standard" Lett grip, or maybe even the compact version. I have both.
Now my question is, do I need to acquire a locator pin/dowel, or does one come on the Hogue stocked factory edition?

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
There's a sorta one with the Hogues, but its not the proper size. You'll have to get the standard locator pin. Could probably make one outta some same diameter wood doweling. Certainly doesn't have to be aluminum. They used to be plastic. Maybe find some plastic doweling somewhere.

DSCF2658.jpg

black029

Single-Sixer
Thanks SS, clears up the issue. I'll just call Ruger, suspect they'll send one for free, if it's under $3. Or just pay the piper.

BKDinTexas

Bearcat
Skalkaho Slim said:
There's a sorta one with the Hogues, but its not the proper size. You'll have to get the standard locator pin. Could probably make one outta some same diameter wood doweling. Certainly doesn't have to be aluminum. They used to be plastic. Maybe find some plastic doweling somewhere.

DSCF2658.jpg

That's my holster! :D

cwegga

Bearcat
You could also check the local hardware store. When I needed a locator pin for my SP101 I went to the hardware store and found some sort of internally threaded sleeve that was the same diameter and length and it works great. Cost like 35 cents and the store is 3 miles from my house. :D