Adjusting the Harmonic Dampener on a mini 14 Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi all, I am new to this forum and wanted to ask for some advice on adjusting the harmonic dampener on this mini 14 target rifle I just purchased. Do you find it useful, or do you just remove it? I also noticed that the 4 set screws come loose after a few 10 round mags are put through it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marty

mulescj8

Bearcat
Just picked up one myself but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. There is a pretty good video on YouTube from a guy in Arizona that was setting up his neighbors mini14 target rifle and explained how he tuned it and shows the targets he was shooting at. Guy liked it so much after he set it up for his neighbor he ended up buying it.

I'm getting mine set up right now with a Nikon scope and bipod and then will head to the range in a few weeks to start testing and tuning mine. When you start trying to dial it in stay with the same ammo and same bullet grains. That will make sure your getting some consistency out of it. If I find that link for the video I will post it.