A grip epiphany

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
I picked up a MKII Government Target Model a couple of months ago and I've been meaning to change out the grips that came on it (rubber Hogue wraparound with finger grooves) for something...let's say...less bulky. I was surfing the web for something nice, when it dawned on me that there might be something in the "grip drawer". Eureka boys, there was...I actually found three sets of grips before I quit looking. One set is for a post 1971 Standard or MKI that could be modified. Another set is plastic from Clark Custom Guns; if I remember correctly, they are supposed to change the grip angle to something more like that of a 1911. Here's a photo of the Hogue grips, the MKI grips, and the Clark set.
2iiaom9.jpg

The MKI panel that would need to be modified is on the right in this photo. The other panel is from the third set of grips I mentioned above.
b7khnp.jpg

I decided to go with the third set I found. These are by Herrett's and have a slight palm swell on either side.
rjl92h.jpg

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why I hadn't already installed these on one of my other MKIIs.
Regards,
Greg