A.G. Russel 1862 Pattern Bowie SALE PENDING

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GRIZZ

Bearcat
A.G. Russel 1862 Pattern Bowie from 2003 these are collectible and becoming harder to find. Massive AUS 10 Steel blade measures 8 1/4 inch long 1.900 wide and .212 thick overall length of the Bowie is 13 inch. Black Micarta Handle Rugged Black Leather sheath. I believe this Blade to have been made in the United States because I've seen other production runs of this Bowie marked Taiwan and this one does not say Taiwan. This Bowie is in absolute pristine unused condition with the factory edge. SALE PENDING
VfFggIIh.jpg

GRIZZ

Bearcat
Yes on the other side all it says is A. G. Russell. Nowhere on the knife of sheath does it say where it's made.

GRIZZ said:
I believe this Blade to have been made in the United States because I've seen other production runs of this Bowie marked Taiwan and this one does not say Taiwan.

That is correct, If a country of origin is not marked on the knife it is US made, As this one only says AG Russell and a date, 2003 it is an A.G. Russell Shopmade knife

david knutson

Single-Sixer
the thing that bothers me about it is the leather it doesn't look right and I can't quite tell how thick it is but it looks kind of cheesy in the pictures if it don't look right either, it kind of reminds me of a Gladstone marbles trailmaker that I have but the leather is far superior.. I can't imagine any knife maker that isn't totally proud of their product in the United States not stamping it USA...I'm sure if you would have had a pamphlet or any kind of care instructions you would have mentioned that. I'm interested in it I just don't know where to go with it

david knutson

Single-Sixer
Spent the last hour looking at AG Russell fixed blade knives and in the description of about 6 or so that I looked at it says blades ground in Taiwan..