77 MKI in .358 Winchester pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

acsteele

Bearcat
I just picked this up on auction, the S/N shows it to be a 1975, and it's NIB, with box and papers....

I've been always been facinated by the .358 caliber, I was originally looking for a Savage 99, but found this one, thought it would make a great shooter. I got a great deal on it, but now that I have it in hand, I'm having second thoughts about shooting it. It's got a nice stock, and the fit and finish is fantastic.

I would hate to ruin potential collecter interest in it, does anyone know how many Ruger chambered in .358?

Thanks guys!

pix355767252.jpg

pix366007561.jpg

Bob Elliott

Bearcat
Congratulations. How about a picture of your new .358. Include the serial number and we'll tell you what year it was shipped. Maybe someone can offer up a comment or two after seeing pictures.

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
I've got one from 1978 new in the box. I have been thinking about this question as well Sometimes I think there are more running around new in the box than actual shooters. Either way, my guess is that shooting it would knock off $150-200 of value. Of course shooting any new gun knocks off a bit of value, so I don't really see any big issue.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
If you have a need for the round, shoot it.
If you want to speculate on values, lock it up!
Geoff
Who likes the round, but has no need for one.

Bob Elliott

Bearcat
Yuup, that's a nice one. I'd keep it in the box and not shoot it. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

KurtC

Single-Sixer
The R model shows up frequently on the usual auction sites, and doesn't usually draw much attention. It is the RS carbine that collectors really go nuts after. Go ahead and enjoy your rifle. As long as you don't abuse it, it will hold its value.

jn 41

Single-Sixer
shoot it. they put a trigger on because thats what it was made for. LOL
Seriously, if you handload, shoot it. Factory ammo is nothing special. but load your own and it is a great cartridge. works great on deer, elk, bear out to 300yds. enjoy, jn

ottsixx

Bearcat
I recently picked up an RS carbine in 358 win. a sweet lil carbine it is and I was chatting with a ruger collector on another site and he told me he didnt know how many of these ruger produced but he was under the impression it was less than 300 of em.......

Latest posts