5 Foot 5 inch, carry a vaquero 4 5/8?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

benvg123

Bearcat
Hey guys thanks for all the help it is really interesting reading all the options and ideas. I think I may just have to try out some different holsters and see how it goes. Summer time I may just carry the mod 2 I have and then fall spring and winter carry the vaquero. Im unsure but it will be a learning process

benvg123

Bearcat
I will for sure. It may be a while but il let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again for all the help

JmE

Single-Sixer
Same height and with a high ride pancake holster I can conceal an original Vaquero. If you aren't dead set on 4 5/8" and plow handle grip, allow me to suggest a New Vaquero with a birdshead grip and 3 3/4" barrel. It conceals on my frame with a high ride pancake or even a Tom Threepersons. I normally open carry but occasionally half-hearted conceal. I have gone complete concealment with the Tom Threepersons but the pancake makes it much easier. If you aren't completely set on 357/38 then Talo offered a short birdshead New Vaquero in .45 ACP. I imagine there might still be plenty floating around on the market. It's my EDC and it is perfect for me.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I carry a 4 5/8" Blackhawk .44 Special (Ex-.357 Mag.) daily.

Here is a Bob Mernickle rig:

And here is a modified Tom Threepersons rig by Graveyard Jack Gunleather:

I can cover these well with a jacket or sport coat, in the summer by a vest:

Bob Wright

john123456

Bearcat
i carry a 3.75 in vaquero sheriff in 45 colt and a 45 colt s&w mountain gun in a simply rugged sourdough pancake with the iwb straps with no issues even just under a t shirt. im about 5 foot 8 or 9