4/08 SR9 Recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Got my SR9 today and It looks great! They took care of all of the QC issues that I had and installed all of the recall stuff. I sent my gun in with no mags and it arrived with 2! So word to the wise send your gun in with no mags. I also got a Ruger SR9 hat. Woot! To bad I dont wear hats. I'm happy!

mekender

Single-Sixer
yes yes, Rugers have this nasty tendency to shoplift magazines when they get sent into Ruger for repair.

Ruger will not admit that it is a design flaw in the gun, so im guessing its just a feature

jhearne

Buckeye
Of all the guns your sending in that are recieving 2 mags, were they there since before the recall or standard recalled guns, that you waited to send in until now with issues ontop of the recall??

Josh

Al James

Hunter
I sent mine in a couple of days before the recall back in the first week of april. They have had it since then and I had quite a few issues with the fit and finish of my particular gun. Im happy with all of the work and the extra goodies were worth the wait. Im going to remove the MD and compare it to the old design. I'll post some pics if its a huge difference.

Al James

Hunter
No difference in the MD except for a larger diameter spring. Redesigned? Perhaps the striker assembly is different in how it engages the MD? I cant remember what it looked like before I sent it in its been so long ago.

tc scout

Bearcat
AZ Outlaws":3dy3v8dk said:
Olduke":3dy3v8dk said:
I registered the 2nd day of the recall and was notified by email the next day (April 11) as having registered....and I haven't seen diddly-squat from them since then....
I registered the day after the recall was annouced and received my box last Thursday. Sent my SR9 in this morning via UPS....
Strange, I registered April 10, received verfication E-mail same day- NO BOX YET ! Looks like no set procedure of recall to me, just another screw up by Ruger IMO.

GingerGuy

Bearcat
I'm an April 10th guy too, with E-mail in hand. Still waiting for the 'BOX'. Must be real close now. I haven't touched it in so long, it will be like getting a new gun when it comes back.

shi-ban

Bearcat
My reply from Ruger is dated April 9th and I haven't seen a box yet. "Maybe it will be in today's mail." And I've been saying that for a very long time.

ltbarber

Bearcat
jhearne":2vispo6j said:
Of all the guns your sending in that are recieving 2 mags, were they there since before the recall or standard recalled guns, that you waited to send in until now with issues ontop of the recall??

Josh
Mine was sent back about a week before the recall. I also wrote asking a refund,and got a call from Joe Kramer telling me that no refunds were authorized. don't know if that's why I got two mags or not. I'm not a fan of the "glock trigger" on it!

jhearne

Buckeye
Al James":1aru0wh5 said:
No difference in the MD except for a larger diameter spring. Redesigned? Perhaps the striker assembly is different in how it engages the MD? I cant remember what it looked like before I sent it in its been so long ago.

I'll get with my parents (just got a new camera for work) and get some high detail shots of the parts, with calipers in display before and after the recall.

Jerry W

Bearcat
ltbarber":1pdztl1c said:
Mine was sent back about a week before the recall. I also wrote asking a refund,and got a call from Joe Kramer telling me that no refunds were authorized. don't know if that's why I got two mags or not. I'm not a fan of the "glock trigger" on it!

I can't get to the range to try mine out until tomorrow.

What is it about the trigger you don't like?

jhearne

Buckeye
ltbarber":3rxmymkt said:
jhearne":3rxmymkt said:

Josh

Its probably random either way or maybe has something to do if you sent it in for repairs or something. I'll just send mine in when the time comes, hopefully very soon as I would like to have it back to shoot in FT Worth with my Dad/Uncle(FWPD)/Grandfather (the remaining Hearne Boys).

Josh

Al James

Hunter
jhearne":28xt58s7 said:
Al James":28xt58s7 said:

I'll get with my parents (just got a new camera for work) and get some high detail shots of the parts, with calipers in display before and after the recall.

I Look forward to some before and afters! I have some pics on an old thread but I didnt take pictures of the striker assembly out of the gun. Im going to post a before and after on the under side of the slide finish later. Way better than before. I'm happy with Ruger even though they had my gun for months. Call me cheap but-two mags, a new slide, trigger, striker, etc, etc, for three months wait and no cost to me doesnt seem to shabby.

BMXpapa

Bearcat
I ask that those of you that have received your SR9 back with the recall trigger group installed please see the new subject that I have posted concerning this. I would like to know those opinions and input concerning it. I appreciate it greatly. Thank You

ltbarber

Bearcat
Jerry W":1erpm1f9 said:
ltbarber":1erpm1f9 said:

That dang little "flapper" on the front of the trigger. Like the glock has. My finger can't get used to pressing it down first. Disrupts my concentration every time i go to press the trigger. This old dog is trying real hard to learn a new trick!

BMXpapa

Bearcat
Well,,,I've had both my Glock and SR9 out, and although the trigger may have some commonality in looks and operation,,,it does not feel or pull like a Glock or either my XD or XDM,,,like comparing apples to poptarts,,,,I have a staple gun with a better trigger pull,,,,I do not like this at all,,,,please check out and comment on my other subject, SR9 trigger

Jerry W

Bearcat
Just put 100 rounds through the SR9 and for me the trigger is fine.
It has a short take up and a quick let off.
It's a little on the heavy side, but that's exactly what I want for a carry gun.

The trigger was a little gritty, but by the time I finished the 100 rounds, it had smoothed up quite a bit.

Overall I'm happy with it.

buckeye49

Bearcat
Al James":1xsvq4mz said:
I sent mine in a couple of days before the recall back in the first week of april. They have had it since then and I had quite a few issues with the fit and finish of my particular gun. Im happy with all of the work and the extra goodies were worth the wait. Im going to remove the MD and compare it to the old design. I'll post some pics if its a huge difference.

That would be great (e.g. picures of the difference in re-moval of the mag disconnect). If it is a different procedure I sure am interested (I have removed it form both my SR9 pistols that hven't had the re-trofit done yet).

buckeye49

Bearcat
ltbarber":2auzvm4s said:
Jerry W":2auzvm4s said:
ltbarber":2auzvm4s said:

That dang little "flapper" on the front of the trigger. Like the glock has. My finger can't get used to pressing it down first. Disrupts my concentration every time i go to press the trigger. This old dog is trying real hard to learn a new trick!

Ignore that flapper, just squueze the trigger like you would any other trigger. Once you get used to it, follow-up/repeat shots are really fast.

Latest posts