357 Flattop 10"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've got the opportunity to purchase a flattop with a 10" barrel and 1/8 rifling. I'm waiting on pictures and price. I'm told the 1/8 rifling is more rare? Can anyone shed light on this detail? I don't have Chad's book but the blue book shows $1750 for 90% condition.

contender

Ruger Guru
First off,, in the "Collecting" section here,, there is a thread on the BKH-30's. Lots of info on serial numbers. and a few other things. Chad, (chet15 here) started the thread years ago.

As for details on the rifling.
The early FT's in .357 are broken down by us collectors into (4) Types. A BKH-30 with the 8-groove barrel are considered "very scarce" with an estimated production of only 625 guns like that.
The RENE Price Guide lists one in minty condition (95% plus) at a value of $2550.00.

hittman

Staff member

First off,, in the "Collecting" section here,, there is a thread on the BKH-30's. Lots of info on serial numbers. and a few other things. Chad, (chet15 here) started the thread years ago.

As for details on the rifling.
The early FT's in .357 are broken down by us collectors into (4) Types. A BKH-30 with the 8-groove barrel are considered "very scarce" with an estimated production of only 625 guns like that.
The RENE Price Guide lists one in minty condition (95% plus) at a value of $2550.00.
Good info, thanks. If I can get pics and serial # I'll post it.

Latest posts