3 inch 22/45 SilencerCo special edition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dusty78

Bearcat
I recently picked up this little gem. It's very accurate even for a 3 incher but unfortunately it doesn't run reliably without the suppressor attached. With the can on she runs like a top. It's a unique gun and I love quirky guns like this.

it's almost as much fun as my Beretta 21A suppressed

It may improve with some use. That stubby barrel doesn't give much 'dwell time' for the action to work with. My 4" 22/45 III still balks occasionally with sub-sonic or even SV w/o the muffler and it's been through at least 1K of various types of ammo.

Dusty78

Bearcat
It may improve with some use. That stubby barrel doesn't give much 'dwell time' for the action to work with. My 4" 22/45 III still balks occasionally with sub-sonic or even SV w/o the muffler and it's been through at least 1K of various types of ammo.
Yes. I was thinking of trying it with the bolt from my Volquartsen Black Mamba since it's so slick.

Dusty78

Bearcat
Did you purchase this pistol through SiCo?? This interests me. Thks
Yes and had it shipped to my dealer. I've seen a few online dealers with them as well.

My 4" 22/45 III is surprisingly accurate but it took several hundred rounds to 'settle in'. I only remove the can for cleaning since the stubby barrel doesn't seem to 'hang' well w/o the muzzle weight. Son's 22/45 LITE is even worse. With the mounted Form 1 muffler, mine is virtually same as a 10.5" bull barrel version and carries fine in a handmade holster that accommodates both muffler and Burris FastFire 3.

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
Every time I bring out the silencer on a Mk IV at the range, I end up loading magazines for everybody at the range.
It's a load of fun to shoot.
IMG_0613.jpeg