22 Mag LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rich642z

Single-Sixer
What I found out from the Ruger factory was that the .22 magnum rounds they were test firing from the prorto type revolver had ejections not coming out as I type. But,,,,, testing is still being done and it may,I can't promise but,it may come out this year or next in 2014. It might be a 7 shot.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
rich642z said:
What I found out from the Ruger factory was that the .22 magnum rounds they were test firing from the prorto type revolver had ejections not coming out as I type. But,,,,, testing is still being done and it may,I can't promise but,it may come out this year or next in 2014. It might be a 7 shot.

They are showing it on their website as a new product for this year. It is a six shot. Gunblast also did a review on their website. With Jeff's relationship with Ruger I don't think he would be putting out anything unless the product was definite go. He reports no ejection issues out of 1200 rounds. I like the idea of the LCR in 22 mag. But I am going to hold out and hopefully they will do a kit type gun gun with a longer barrel and some decent on the 22 mag LCR.

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
This new LCR appears to be the only new revolver variant coming out from Ruger, at least according to the email I received and their website. All the other new guns are rifles and semi-auto pistols. As one who enjoys a good revolver, I feel neglected this year! (was hoping for a snubby in .44spl!) Guess there's still time...perhaps at the SHOT Show, they are saving the best for the grande finale...

darkwater67 said:
This new LCR appears to be the only new revolver variant coming out from Ruger, at least according to the email I received and their website. All the other new guns are rifles and semi-auto pistols. As one who enjoys a good revolver, I feel neglected this year! (was hoping for a snubby in .44spl!) Guess there's still time...perhaps at the SHOT Show, they are saving the best for the grande finale...
I was really hoping to see the "Bearcat Shopkeeper",whatever that might be, whose patent was mentioned in the last RENE quarterly. Guess I'll have to go search for an old beat up Bearcat to 'modify'.

mag318

Bearcat
I'm looking forward to seeing one of these new LCR 22 Magnums and since they are showing up on auction sites they should be available in store soon. I'd really like to see the LCR chambered in 327 Magnum.

recumbent

Buckeye
mag318 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing one of these new LCR 22 Magnums and since they are showing up on auction sites they should be available in store soon. I'd really like to see the LCR chambered in 327 Magnum.
So would I, I have a SP101 in 327 mag and really like the caliber.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
hvacmedic said:
Picked mine up at my dealer today. Now if the weather would clear up so I can shoot it.

For real! I got 9" of snow here at my place, about 25 miles south of Wytheville, on the 17th.

Did y'all get much of the white stuff?