11° chamfer tool

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveag.

Single-Sixer
I ordered the 11° kit from Brownells. I know many of you here have done this. What did you notice? How much did accuracy change? Brownells has a 11° cutter for .22's, also.

been doing it for years, never actually measured for accuracy, just concern about the mouth and ,blow by (splatter)and erratic ,shallow 'leads'...and it even "looks" better to the naked eye...the 'accuracy' part would be too technical, just know it worked.. :unsure: ;)

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Just ordered a new one from Brownell's. The monster under my bench must have eaten my original. Either that or the last person I lent it to never sent it back.

Makes a big difference in my throat and helps in accuracy. I have a new 617 that needs to be worked on.

Enigma

Hunter
My recommendation is to use it very cautiously the first couple of times. Those cutters are S-H-A-R-P, and cut steel like butter. It's very easy to cut the forcing cone too deep, without even trying or realizing it.

woodsy

Blackhawk
"Either that or the last person I lent it to never sent it back."

I'm like a lot of people (especially mechanics) - I DO NOT lend out ANY of my tools for the reason shown in the quote). If someone wants to use one in my presence, I may allow that - if I know the persons capabilities.
Years ago I was really into film photography. A co-worker was just getting into it, and I lent him my enlarger for a couple weeks. When he finally returned it I couldn't get it to focus. Turns out he disassembled the lens and put it back together minus one component. Last time he got anything from me.

Latest posts