10/22 Takedown - a minor complaint

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Iowa Fox

Bearcat
The last two years of Ruger has me wondering what the heck they are doing also. I was with my dad in 1957 when he purchased his first single six so I have been around Rugers a long time. I'm not saying the company has gone to heck, just that a lot of little things could use some smoothing out. I quess I better go peel the decals off my TD before they get stuck fast.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Use some Goo Gone (Walmart) to remove unwanted stickers from stocks or metal. Spray it on and let it set long enough to soften the stickers!..............Dick

Iowa Fox

Bearcat
After reading the opening post I pulled mine off. I got all three off in one piece by slowly starting a corner and very slowly pulling them off. I stuck them to wax paper and put all three in the take down insert that comes in the owners manual.

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
It's not just Rugers. All new Winchesters and Brownings have a sticker on the barrel. I've had a handful of them and they usually come off just fine. My new model 70, however, left sticker residue all over the barrel. Pretty annoying.

SR

cityslicker

Bearcat
Has anyone tried a blowdryer on the stickers to warm up the glue. I have done this on other thing and it worked. My USA TD had stickers and they came right off. I agree why put stickers on guns anyway?

Montelores

Buckeye
You people should read the fine print on the very bottom of the sticker prior to removing it.

"Do not remove under penalty of law."

Just like mattresses. :wink:

Monty

Latest posts