10-22 reflex sight mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
I have been shooting my 10-22 in "Bunny Gun" (50' light rifle) matches. I cannot use iron sights with my old eyes and have been struggling with picking a good alternative from my current selection of optics. Thought I would try a reflex sight and happen to have a spare, cheap green dot. I needed a mount so I designed a simple one and milled it on my CNC machine.

The mount's three hole pattern allows the sight to be mounted in the forward position (narrow spaced receiver holes) or the rear position with the wider spaced holes.

I'll give it a go in the match today. The pictures tell the tale:

10-22_side_forward.JPG

10-22_side_rearward.JPG

10-22_front_forward.JPG

10-22_top_forward.JPG

10-22_top_rearward.JPG

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
UPDATE:
The sight and mount worked great for me at the match this morning. I got the best score that I have ever shot: 188/200 which was the top score today. Previously I was using a 7x scope and I think the magnification was vexing me, i.e. trying to hard to get the cross hairs perfectly in the center. Anyhow, that setup is my new bunny gun sight system.

BTW, I found that I prefer the sight in the rear position.

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
Blackmore said:
Neat. For Burris FastFire?

Did you make your own bolt handle, too?

Mount will accept FastFire and footprint compatibles like Vortex Venom, Vortex Viper, Docter III, Eotech and Vector Optics. The sight in the photos is a cheap Vector Optics Sphinx green dot.

Bolt handle is a Volquartsen.