Help Support Ruger Forum:

One of the biggest fraud of our time is the federal government loaning money to kids that have no way of being able to pay it back. They are doing that because it allows the colleges to increase prices, so they can pay professors that are pushing an agenda and not teaching a skill. Plus the government NEVER asks about the degree they are going after as many of the degrees are not salable. Ramsey Solutions have been one of the biggest and most prolific companies to speak out about this.

They have also, got a book out called Debt Free Degree. Students should begin working on scholarships, grants and taking their SAT tests and so on in their Jr. year. It will help even seniors that have graduated get started, even if it means waiting a year to apply. Ramsey Solutions has a book out that let's you know what your student(s) need to do to prepare. I've got a book for you. If you have a son or daughter in high school, or grandson and granddaughter that could use the help let me know I would love to pass one out so you can keep them from getting in a devastating situation that may last years.

My kids didn't have to borrow a dime for their college. Between scholarships and a herd of cows I'd been building for them since they were born, they were fully funded.
On the other hand, my older Grandson is experiencing sticker shock while checking out college options. At the current tuition rates, it's a daunting experience.