10/22 LaserMax sling mounts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
I've been searching this site (not too sure I'm doing it right) but haven't found an answer. Has anyone mounted a front sling stud on a 10/22 with a factory LaserMax? I called Ruger and their only suggestion was to get a sling where the actual strap "wraps" around the barrel. I don't want his type and can't seem to find anything that looks like a good solution. You can't use the style where you slip a mount in between the barrel band tangs since the barrel bands are an integral part of the laser.

It looks like the best option for mounting the rear mount is to drill the stock and screw and epoxy a stud in. Does this work OK? Anyone had any problems with the stud pulling out?

The concern is that the hollow synthetic stock won't have enough material to support screwing a stud in it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
C

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
Thought I'd update this post, I finally got the courage to mount sling studs on my LaserMax. Actually went better than I thought it was going to, which is the reason it took me months to build up the nerve to do it. When I realized the worst I could do was mess up the stock which is readily available as a replacement, I just did it. It involves shaping a piece of hardwood and fitting it down in one of the molded recesses on the inside of stock, then just using a standard stud for a wood stock epoxied & screwed into it. I know simple enough and I'm sure someone smarter than me figured this out long a go but it went well and works great, no need to worry about pulling the stud out of the thin synthetic material.
Good day.

Latest posts