Pawl spring and plunger for a Service Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AgentV3

Bearcat
Try as I might, I can't seem to locate a pawl spring and plunger for a Service Six. I've only found one so far and they're out of stock on the spring. Anyone have a bead on sites that might sell these parts?

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
I called Ruger and got a pawl spring and plunger. They may or may not be out. Also try Numrich.

AgentV3

Bearcat
I did try Numrich first, they have the plunger, but not the spring. While searching around, I did find that the GP100 pawl also has a spring and plunger like the Six does, but I don't know if spring and plunger will interchange. If they do, I can get them right off of Midway. Is this worth a shot?

Edit: Based on what I found out, I went ahead and got the pawl plunger from Numrich, and grabbed a GP100 pawl spring from Midway. It seems like the biggest difference in size is the plunger, one site actually listed the spring as fitting the GP and the Six. It's worth a shot.

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
AgentV3:

I just found this link to a parts place that shows that they have both the pawl plunger and Pawl spring for a Security-Six as well as many other Six parts:

http://www.classicfirearmsandparts.com/Search.php?Manufacturer=Ruger%20Security%20Six&Type=Part

AgentV3

Bearcat
Good find on that one. Numrich did have the plunger for the Six, the spring I got from Midway was listed for the GP100. I did do some research on it, and based on some Google searching and a couple of videos detailing the disassembly of both the Six and the SRH trigger assembly (same as the GP), it looked close enough to at least try.

If the spring doesn't work, I'll get with these guys and get the listed part.