SR9C trigger reset kit for dry fire training?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

spaids

Bearcat
I would like to practice dry fire with my SR9C but the one click and work the slide is a little bit of a hindrance. I have found a kit for the glock to allow multiple trigger pulls but I can't find anything like that for the Ruger. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

PiratePast40

Single-Sixer
I've kept working it and it gradually gets easier. Spend about a half hour a day with it and your left hand and arm will get stronger. The other option is to cycle it with ammo!

spaids

Bearcat
The point is not the effort in racking the slide but one and only one shot that you can squeeze when practicing your dry fire. I spend more time working the slide than doing dry fires.

A

Anonymous

What's the point. Dry firing is not a form of practice. It is only a means of determining the trigger characteristics. Practice, that will actually affect any improvement, has to be done with live ammo.... period.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
Many 'experts' tout the dry-fire as an excellent way to learn correct trigger-pull. Wish I could make myself do it more often, specially with my bedside gun- just can't be consistent enough with that one and I'm sure it's the trigger/myself to blame.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Well Spectral was booted.

...but I will say that dry firing only takes you so far and that far isn't very far. Trigger control only helps a bit when it comes to accuracy, it doesn't solve the other operator issues. I have seen some very fine and well practiced dry firiers in my time that can't hit crap when they have shot at a target with a live round, even guys with 2 1/2# trigger jobs on their sweet $1000-$2000 + pistols. If your purpose is to get accurate with your gun, really accurate, shoot it and learn. If you don't get better fairly quick, get some pro training help and shoot some more. JMO

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
I agree completely- it's just that I'll go 3" left of center one day, 3" right the next. And too many flyers. Don't have that problem with my 9c, so been working most on the bedside gun. Practice makes (almost) perfect. Considering self-d, and center-mass shooting, 3" either way isn't critical, just irritating.

Nikonographer

Bearcat
Going back to the OP, regardless of purpose, does anyone have an answer to the question? I really don't mind you all bickering about how to practice and what not. I just want to know if such a product exists and if it's reasonably priced.

Joe_Atlanta

Bearcat
The one at http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/612600.html (scroll down the page) doesn't look too complex, maybe we could get Galloway to make one for the SR.
As far as the worth of dry firing goes, AKAIK, all champion pistol shooters (no matter what the game) recommend it. Good enough for me, I try to dry fire at least 10 minutes a day when I'm not going to the range. Makes a huge difference in how well I shoot.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I've actually researched this a bit trying to figure out why someone should need this. The reviews I read about this device that made any sense at all and didn't include the words cool, awesome or ninja, all mention that the trigger pull was not like that with the gun stock.

...so I then figured it out, it makes this item easier to use with your super cool awesome ninja striker fired pistol:

http://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-TLB-1-Laser-Trainer-Target/dp/B004GFDTNA

Apparently they have grown out of using one of these or something similar:

http://www.9thgd.com/xbox-gun-controller/

So they really have outgrown one of these:

http://onceuponawin.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/win-pics-suction-cup-gun/

Isn't research a wonderful thing?

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
I dry fire my SR9c. But when I move the slide I only move it back about 1/4" and that is enough to reset the trigger. I don't think it s to bad doing that. Of course it is not as easy as dry firing my 38 revolver. But it is not torture either.

Bill