RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:46 pm 
Bearcat

Howdy i'am new here, i just got my SR1911 that i had on order from a company called KYGUNCO.COM there customer service rep said that they got in 30 and expect another 30 in a few weeks, i prepaid on mine months ago and got it for $649.99 the customer service person said that they had them as a unadvertised in stock pistol, i also was told there was a price increase for the other SR 1911's, i did not ask about the prices on the other SR1911's they had --> just a heads up to anyone looking for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:05 pm 
Blackhawk

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting this. I have currently moved on and have spent my "SR1911 fund" on a S&W M&P 15-22 and toys for it. I was looking hard for awhile, but then I got really addicted to an AR platform in .22 so it bumped the SR1911 down a slot. I'd still like to have one some day, but I'm putting it on the backburner for now.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."
Benjamin Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 am 
Single-Sixer

I just checked the web sight and thy want $799.
I will pass on it for now.

RICHGCOOP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 am 
Blackhawk

Wowsers... I would have passed anyway. Heck I passed at 690 plus shipping a week or two ago.

Benjamin Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 am 
Blackhawk

kscott wrote:
Wowsers... I would have passed anyway. Heck I passed at 690 plus shipping a week or two ago.

That is actually a decent price. $110 under MSRP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 pm 
Blackhawk

The Wall wrote:
kscott wrote:

That is actually a decent price. $110 under MSRP.

I definitely don't disagree with you as they had already sold a ton at that price. There are plenty of people that will buy them at that price, and I don't blame them at all. What ultimately made me say no was the fact that they wanted $45 to ship so I would have been out 690+45+20(transfer) and that is more than I wanted to spend. If I could have had it for 690, I would have snatched it up. For now, I've moved on, but I'd like to have one eventually. My LGS has one trickle in every once in awhile for $611, so I'll probably just wait until my number comes up.

Benjamin Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm 
Bearcat

I paid $781.00 + shp overnight to my FFL dealer.? Iv'e been looking for one for the past year,? finally found a Dealer in Ill. that had about 10 of them in stock in the middle of March.? So I jumped on it.? some dealers had them for sale for $800.00+ shp Now that is really price Gouging.? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 am 
Blackhawk

How can any of this be price gouging? It is your money. No one is forcing you to hand them your wallet. Are they making a great profit? Certainly. Supply and demand. No supply and a bunch of demand. My feeling is if you don't like the price-PASS. I won't overpay. I don't have one but I will some day. There are to many other products that are getting my recreation money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 am 
Ruger Guru

Paying over $750 is gouging? That is a laugh. Good firearm or even better; Highly regarded by a strong percentage of viewers, reviewers and owners; Standing orders for multiple years of production..........So? Paying up to MSRP is simply a buyer's choice. I suggest that gouging is better termed for a new GMC full dress Suburban which 'WINDOWS" AT OVER SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Think about that.........OH! Almost forgot....The SR1911 is built in a non union shop in a right to work state-----ARIZONA 8) :D

Ruger Owners and Collectors Society
RCA Field Rep Emeritus
Minn Weapons Collectors
Colt Collectors' Assn