SR1911 Question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SGreve32x

Single-Sixer
Well, At my local gun shop that I go to, He has a Ruger SR1911 for sale there. I have been wanting a 1911 for sometime now and since this is almost in my hands, before I pull the trigger and buy it, I do have a question about it.

I have heard on a different forum that the SR1911's have been having some issues? I want to hear it from some guys that have these things and how you like them. Thanks guys.

mattsbox99

Hunter
What issues? Haven't heard of anything except for some very isolated casting imperfections that don't affect the reliability of the gun. They're a very good gun.

bsnake

Single-Sixer
Over 7000 rounds thru mine with NO problems at all.
Have another one on order just because I can.
And yes I do have other brands of 1911's.
Gonna have to get another series 70 Colt too as my wife has decided to take over the current one.

StrutStopper

Bearcat
I'd stay away from it and give me the name and number of the dealer that has it for sale. He should be ashamed to try and sell that junk. Out of the goodness of my heart, I may just take it off his hands to prevent any unhappy customers :lol:

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Buy it soon, it won't be there long.There are no issues other than they tear up the red portions of your paper targets.

What problems........ I wonder if some folks on other forums aren't planted there by competing companies jealous of Ruger's success with this offering.......I know, paranoid, right? Just sayin'............ :roll:

Dave :wink:

davvet2

Bearcat
I can tell you about mine -- that I bought from member Ruger Boi
here on the forum:

It looked absolutely new when I got it, he said it had a box of 50 rounds thru it and was cleaned.

I loaded up the factory magazines, no FTF's - everything worked.

Loaded up the 3 nib Army 1911 mags I had, again no FTF's.

The pistols recoil was a lot less than the other 1911's
I've owned, and the sights were on the money. (it hit where I pointed!)
I was open field shooting, next time I'll set up targets.

In summation, I love mine and also have another on order from my LGS.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
I think you are hearing contrived stories from either gun shop personnel who can't get one to sell, and are trying to get you to buy X brand, or wanna be owners who can't get one and are trying to justify their position.

My story? I have two, both are flawless, shot great, would buy them again in a heart beat. Buy the Ruger and enjoy it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
I think you are hearing contrived stories from either gun shop personnel who can't get one to sell, and are trying to get you to buy X brand, or wanna be owners who can't get one and are trying to justify their position.

My story? I have two, both are flawless, shot great, would buy them again in a heart beat. Buy the Ruger and enjoy it.

+2.
My two SR911's vote "great gun, excellent value".
8) 8)

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
SGreve32x said:
Well, At my local gun shop that I go to, He has a Ruger SR1911 for sale there. I have been wanting a 1911 for sometime now and since this is almost in my hands, before I pull the trigger and buy it, I do have a question about it.

I have heard on a different forum that the SR1911's have been having some issues? I want to hear it from some guys that have these things and how you like them. Thanks guys.

I hope its still there when you go back!!!! :roll:

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Love my SR1911, accurate, trouble free and beautiful to look at. Only complaint i have is it would have been nice if it had come with a really nice case instead of a cardboard box.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Well, did you get it? Inquiring minds want to know. I love mine and have not had any issues at all. Wait that's not true. The grip screws loosened up the first time I fired it. Tightened haven't been a problem since. You might want to loosen and re tighten when you get it. I know some guys have put a little blue loctite on them.

mattsbox99

Hunter
208packinheat said:

I would absolutely agree, then there are some that just hate Rugers with a passion and will spread lies about them no matter what.

Mine shoots way to much ammo. Gotta bend over too much to pick up all that brass. Too fun! Just get it while you can. Let it make up your mind for you. If you don't like it it will take you about an hour to sell it.

MYREDTAIL

Bearcat
If you have any doubts about the SR1911 NIB reliability? go on to YOUTUBE & check out HICKOK45's 2 part review & putting it through it's paces with no mal functions at all with 100's of rounds of factory ammo through it,? & some long range shooting with the factory sights.? I think that you will enjoy his review as I did & it is nice to watch several times just to pump you up a little,? Every now & then.& Hickok pulls no punches in his reviews he call's them like he sees it.? 8)

MYREDTAIL said:
If you have any doubts about the SR1911 NIB reliability? go on to YOUTUBE & check out HICKOK45's 2 part review & putting it through it's paces with no mal functions at all with 100's of rounds of factory ammo through it,? & some long range shooting with the factory sights.? I think that you will enjoy his review as I did & it is nice to watch several times just to pump you up a little,? Every now & then.& Hickok pulls no punches in his reviews he call's them like he sees it.? 8)

I agree 100%. It was his review that convinced me that I had to have an SR1911. Best gun choice I have made in a long time....just wish I could shoot as well as him.....

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Heliman said:
MYREDTAIL said:

I agree 100%. It was his review that convinced me that I had to have an SR1911. Best gun choice I have made in a long time....just wish I could shoot as well as him.....
If you had his range in your backyard you probably would. 8)