Power Custom Bisley hammers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Major T

Blackhawk
Next question. I am led to believe that the P C Bisley hammers come without the additional hump to eleminate the need for filing same away when used on the hunter frame. Is this correct? Thanks and good day, Jack

G2

Hunter
I have never seen one from PC without the hump and the PC website does not show them. A quick call to PC ??

I know that Clements makes the humpless hammers, He makes very nice hammers, but can be kinda hard to get.

Either place the the cost is ~$150.

Ruger Hammer ~$30 ... & $30 to remove the hump.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
the PC NEW Model Bisley hammers have a reduced hump that supposedly fits fine with a blackhawk gripframe.

The OLD model PC Bisley hammers have a full size hump.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
The one I installed in one of my .41mag's has the standard Blackhawk profile. It also has the half cock feature, I used his transfer bar and his standard Blackhawk trigger, I don't like Bisley triggers. The only thing I don't care for is the whole hammer is blued.

Dana

Major T

Blackhawk
Thanks for the info. Their add says or at least infers no serious prep to install. Mt 50 aniv. 44 needes hammer and frame/or at least fatter grips. Thanks, Jack

flatgate

Hawkeye
Major T said:
My 50 aniv. 44 needs a hammer and frame/or at least fatter grips. Thanks, Jack

Here's a pic of my 50th Anniv. .44 mag.

50thShooterLR.jpg

I installed a Bisley hammer, after removing the "hump" and the grip frame is a Super Blackhawk design but I rounded the trigger guard a bit....

Not all that difficult to do if you have welding skills or a buddy who own's a Welding Shop! :D

flatgate

Latest posts