RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magguts for EC9S/LC9s
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:31 pm 
Bearcat

I've been mulling over whether to try Magguts for my EC9s. Anyone out there try them? Results?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:50 pm 
Buckeye

I bought mine from Rural King about 14 months ago. I've never heard of Magguts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:44 pm 
Hawkeye

I used one in my original LCP and it worked flawlessly! An 8 shot LCP--what's not to like? It wasn't the same design they use now.

Most are pretty pleased with the LC9 MagGuts. I'd give it a shot.

www.magguts.com

NRA Benefactor
www.GeorgiaCarry.org

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:48 am 
Blackhawk

"What's not to like?": the price, for a start.

Looking at those products, they look like a good way of separating fools from their money. They more than double the cost of each magazine for the firearm, and have the added benefit of increasing complexity and failure points.

I'd spend my money on extra magazines and ammo for training. You could double your ammo load for much cheaper than putting MagGuts in all your magazines.

If you are depending on one or two rounds making the difference in a gunfight, you've brought the wrong gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 am 
Blackhawk

Ditto

I'm not a fan of these higher capacity mag conversions. If Ruger or any other company could have designed the magazines to accept more rounds and work reliably they would have. Adding these extra doo dads for an extra round or two is just asking for mechanical failures in my opinion. Why invite Mr. Murphy?

NikA wrote:
"What's not to like?": the price, for a start.

Looking at those products, they look like a good way of separating fools from their money. They more than double the cost of each magazine for the firearm, and have the added benefit of increasing complexity and failure points.

I'd spend my money on extra magazines and ammo for training. You could double your ammo load for much cheaper than putting MagGuts in all your magazines.

If you are depending on one or two rounds making the difference in a gunfight, you've brought the wrong gun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:44 am 
Bearcat

They work just fine. No problems. They also have a metal follower which is nice. A number of people telling you what is good or bad that have no idea what they are talking about since they have never owned on or know any thing about them. Typical internet. Also, you can go to Gallaway Precision and get a Plus One Mag extension which will give you a better grip as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:11 pm 
Buckeye

I could see giving them a try , sounds like a good idea for small mags like the LCP and my LC9s uses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:49 am 
Hunter

for 22.50, why not? All it is is a conversion to get an extra round in the magazine. If, for any reason it doesn't work for you, you can go back to the original parts.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 am 
Bearcat

Thanks for all the replies.